Follow us on Steam Follow us on FB Follow us on Twitter Subscribe on Youtube

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

WET HOPs Time - 2014! Get it now or never!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WET HOPs Time - 2014! Get it now or never!

Blues, Ouch, others who are interested -

I just picked up Founders' Harvest Ale; so good and so fresh!

I also picked up a Harvest Ale from Sierra Nevada -

From Sierra Nevada's site:
    "Created in 1996, Harvest Ale features Cascade and Centennial hops from the Yakima Valley in Eastern Washington. These hops are harvested and shipped as “wet” un-dried hops—the same day they are picked—to our brewery in Chico where our brewers eagerly wait to get them into the brew kettle while their oils[/INDENT]and resins are still at their peak."

Just for the record - Wet hops go quick and they come out usually the last week of Oct. to the first few weeks of Nov. and then gone until next year.

Wet hops are beers that have been made from hops no less than 24 hrs. old and still "wet."
    Fresh hops are beers made with hops that are generally under 2-3 weeks old.

I'm drinking a Serra Nevada Celebration right now which is a fresh hop IPA - very good.

Tomorrow I cue up Deschutes Brewery - Chasing Freshies which is a wet-hop beer.

Get em while their wet boys!
    “To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people exist, that is all.”
    ― Oscar Wilde

You HOPHEAD!
    Having a dog named "Shark" at the beach was a bad idea!

Comment

Where did you "pick it up"? Costco or a beer specialty store?
      When you are dead, you do not know you are dead. It's only painful & difficult for others. The same applies when you are stupid.~Ricky Gervais

Comment

The guy in the tank looks like you?? Either way, I'd avoid that particular batch. It probably has a hint of ass crack and an essence of taint.
        When you are dead, you do not know you are dead. It's only painful & difficult for others. The same applies when you are stupid.~Ricky Gervais

Comment

Originally posted by HTM~Ouch! View Post
          The guy in the tank looks like you?? Either way, I'd avoid that particular batch. It probably has a hint of ass crack and an essence of taint.
          Agggrrrreeeeddddd. Guy in the product means no-sale.

Do you know of any other companies that produce this beverage without employees bathing in the product?

B.O.L.O.G.N.A.

Comment

From the looks of the picture wet hops means something entirely different and is quite possibly code word for something. I'd steer clear :P

Comment

Working...
            X