{F8}Slaide

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• {F8}Slaide

I'm not HTM, but have been playing w/HTM guys since UT2K3 before I initially joined SBD.

My real name is Bill Minton. I'll be 38 in February, I'm married, and have 4 kids; 5yrs, 4yrs, 18mo, 3mo. I live in central IL and am the Director of Software Engineering at a telecommunications firm

Since I started F8, I'll delve into it a tad...

Upon realizing we didn't fit into SBD as well as we thought we would, Kruel and I started F8. Cintar (another SBD'er) was next on the list, followed by Fibber, Maddan69, and Se7en.

Fibber was the first to go, due to lack of playing time. He's in a band, and after months of not playing, finally decided to remove the tag. Kruel & Maddan69 lost interest and began playing Eve Online quite a bit. They stopped in to play UT2K4 periodically, but not very often. Cintar and I had some disagreements, but nothing personal, he's a good guy, and I have nothing negative to say about him. When he split from F8, we'd all but quit playing already, so everyone basically decided to simply let the clan more or less dissolve. It's too bad, as we had some talented players, but in any case, I wish them all well. Kruel, Maddan69 and I all gathered at my house for a LAN party one time which was really fun. It was cool to get to play against my clanmates in person. As for the F8 members in general, there are still emails back and forth from time to time, but as of yet, we haven't started playing UT3 together.
    3DMark06 Compare URL - 17098

Man...

We've had some great games over the years Slaide, it's sad to think of all the old players that have moved on. I'm glad you're still hanging in there and haven't been lured away by another game yet.

Comment

We have. I'm just glad HTM has stuck together as long as it has. It's nice coming back to familiar faces after being away for awhile.

Comment

Hows that quad running?
        sigpic

Comment

Excellent. No problems at all. It's currently overclocked to 3.38Ghz and running fine.

I've gamed on it as well as ran the 64bit version of Prime95 on it for hours and neither hiccuped.

Comment

Originally posted by Slaide
            Excellent. No problems at all. It's currently overclocked to 3.38Ghz and running fine.

I've gamed on it as well as ran the 64bit version of Prime95 on it for hours and neither hiccuped.
            Cool,Gen has his at 3.2 & had a little vid card hitch on xp but seems to have that worked out now.He's tried everything to get to bog down and can't.I want 1!! lol
            sigpic

Comment

Yeah, the harddrive is the bottleneck at this point. Even if you had two or three 10Krpm drives in a RAID array doing striping only, I'd still bet they'd be the bottleneck.

I upgraded to 4G of RAM and redid the OS's. I'm running 32bit XP, 64bit XP, and 64bit Vista Ultimate. I spend the majority of my time in 64bit Vista Ultimate, but game solely in 32bit XP for now. I'll game in Vista at some point, but when I do, I'll install a version of Vista just for gaming. I like my gaming OS to be totally clean, with nothing else installed.

Comment

SLAID HAVENT SEEN MUCH OF YA BUT YOU ROCK

Comment

Working...
                X