Making zound packages optional

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Making zound packages optional

I was wondering if it would make any difference if i converted the zound packages to "Client Optional". I found how to make the file optional...but is it worth the effort? I know there are people that hate zounds and despise downloading tons of files...do you think this would have any impact?

IMHO it will make no difference.

Comment

Put it to a vote,I say leave the zounds.(Less work too lol)
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by HTM|Freak
        Put it to a vote,I say leave the zounds.(Less work too lol)

The zounds will stay, I was just looking for a way to allow players into the servers that didn't want the downloads,they could just cancel each one and not hear our zounds.

Comment

the bad thing about optional is they have to click through each package on every map change...to me that would be more annoying than just downloading the things..

Comment

Originally posted by frogger
            the bad thing about optional is they have to click through each package on every map change...to me that would be more annoying than just downloading the things..
            I didn't think of that...lol I thought the first entry into the server would allow all files to be bypassed. In that case... please ignore this thread.

Comment

if you have one really big package i could see it being useful..but it's going to check on each map change which packages you are missing..and liek me you have 20+ packages being pushed..

Comment

Working...
              X