DM-1on1-Zenith

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DM-1on1-Zenith

Here's a beta of a new map. It's still quite unfinished but the layout and basic design are there. I'm sure by the time i'm finished it'll look completely different.

see something that can/should be improved? post and let me know

Download from Filefront http://files.filefront.com/DM+1on1+Z.../fileinfo.html

I want hand rails lol,I'm tired of falling off the map.
    sigpic

Comment

I loaded the map on Sanctuary and we played a game on it. The flow is pretty basic and very predictable. I also don't understand the purpose of the teleporters, I died twice trying to reach one only to teleport to where I began... very confusing lol.

I do like the skybox and the background, but the map itself needs to grow some I believe and remove some of the predictability. I know this is an early beta, but some adornment would be nice too.

Comment

Looks nice nec, real vertical looking. maybe add some higher and lower levels to give it some depth... literally lol.
        Mind as muscle, Body as energy, Spirit as thought.
        sigpic

Comment

psha

i could do better
          (im lying thru my teeth, my ass and my urethra at the same time btw)

ok now to seriousness

looks pretty cool actually

Comment

Originally posted by travisHAZE
            psha

i could do better
            (im lying thru my teeth, my ass and my urethra at the same time btw)

ok now to seriousness

looks pretty cool actually
            You better get busy, you have a lot of catching up to do.

http://h-townmadness.com/necron99/

Comment

ya whats the only map ive ever had on an HTM server?

dm-newbie?

wait, i had that vCTF map on one of them before

but that was it

Comment

Originally posted by Freak View Post
                I want hand rails lol,I'm tired of falling off the map.
                noted, not entirely sure how I'll fix that yet but I'll think of something

Comment

Originally posted by HTM|Minion
                  I loaded the map on Sanctuary and we played a game on it. The flow is pretty basic and very predictable. I also don't understand the purpose of the teleporters, I died twice trying to reach one only to teleport to where I began... very confusing lol.

I do like the skybox and the background, but the map itself needs to grow some I believe and remove some of the predictability. I know this is an early beta, but some adornment would be nice too.
                  the purpose of the teleporters was supposed to be some sort of "hand-rail" but I believe I failed on that aspect lol. I tried re-arranging the teleport paths and they still seem wrong.

as for adornment, ya it is early beta, only 2 days work is done so far. static meshes will come.

Comment

Originally posted by HTM~ZenEye
                    Looks nice nec, real vertical looking. maybe add some higher and lower levels to give it some depth... literally lol.
                    good idea, I'll ponder this and see what I can do.

Comment

Just kidding, lol.If you can fall off I will.
                      sigpic

Comment

Maybe rethink that border geometry that's on all the stairs and platform edges, it really disrupts movement. Completely stops movement if you try and walk up the stair edges. I don't know if that was your intention, but I personally dislike maps that have lots of stuff to trip over.

Maybe make it some steep ramp type angles, something that we could dodge-jump up and get good height from. If you've ever played on the Grudgezone Counterstrike server, there is a corner post by the rox that has the type of angle I'm talking about.
                        Mind as muscle, Body as energy, Spirit as thought.
                        sigpic

Comment

Working...
                        X