need some help figuring out load errors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• need some help figuring out load errors

I've put up maps that sometimes fail to load and I usually can whittle down the missing files through the server log, locate them on a redirect server and install them to make the maps work. The problem I have is that from time to time, I have a map that won't load, but the files that are listed as missing in the log can't be found. I can't locate them in my own repository of ODC server files nor on the various redirects that I've found where I normally find stuff. Here's an example:

Warning: Failed to load '2': Can't find file for package '2'
    Warning: Failed to load 'DM-Kingshinobi-GODcity21': Can't find file for package '2'
    Warning: Failed to load 'LevelSummary DM-Kingshinobi-GODcity21.LevelSummary': Can't find file for package '2'
    Warning: Error loading DM-Kingshinobi-GODcity21 !
    Warning: Failed to load 'KiraArik': Can't find file for package 'KiraArik'
    Warning: Failed to load 'DM-Kimmy's-Babies': Can't find file for package 'KiraArik'
    Warning: Failed to load 'LevelSummary DM-Kimmy's-Babies.LevelSummary': Can't find file for package 'KiraArik'
    Warning: Error loading DM-Kimmy's-Babies !

I can't locate any file references for "2" or for "KiraArik" anywhere. A few times, I have searched for the root name of a file and found that the package name was shortened when logged in the error logs, but worked once I installed every variation with the root name in it...like if it said the package for UnWheelTTex was missing, I found that searching for Unwheel only located about 20 different files with that root name, and the actual file that worked was UnWheelTransTextures....but in these two cases, obviosly searching for just the number 2 returned tens of thousands of hits and searching for every variation of Kira and Arik returned nada....

My question is if there is a way to drill down further into the logs to locate the missing files or is there a program that will take a map and list all necessary files to make it load? I have UnRealEd working but don't know how to use it worth a shit so don't know if that function even exists for it either....any ideas would be great!
    I'm not gay........but $20 bucks is $20 bucks!

Sometimes you will not find these files on any redirection server Foo. In the case of "KiraArik" this is an element of another map the author used. In this case the element is located in the map "DM-Kimmy's-Babies". See the last entry in your log where it references the level summary. I think you have other packages missing that aren't allowing the server load maps that have dependencies required. Try adding the files in the two links below and see where that gets you.

Also, I noticed you have removed some default maps from the server, such as Rankin. A lot of map authors used these maps as dependencies as well and they must be loaded. (You can hise the maps in UT2vote and still have them loaded on the server).

Warning: Failed to load 'Runmesh_Lite': Can't find file for package 'Runmesh_Lite'
    Warning: Failed to load 'DM-ShitShackATTIC': Can't find file for package 'Runmesh_Lite'
    Warning: Failed to load 'LevelSummary DM-ShitShackATTIC.LevelSummary': Can't find file for package 'Runmesh_Lite'
    Warning: Error loading DM-ShitShackATTIC !

Runmesh_Lite <----Link

Warning: Failed to load '2': Can't find file for package '2'
    Warning: Failed to load 'DM-Kingshinobi-GODcity21': Can't find file for package '2'
    Warning: Failed to load 'LevelSummary DM-Kingshinobi-GODcity21.LevelSummary': Can't find file for package '2'
    Warning: Error loading DM-Kingshinobi-GODcity21 !

Warning: Failed to load 'KiraArik': Can't find file for package 'KiraArik'
    Warning: Failed to load 'DM-Kimmy's-Babies': Can't find file for package 'KiraArik'
    Warning: Failed to load 'LevelSummary DM-Kimmy's-Babies.LevelSummary': Can't find file for package 'KiraArik'
    Warning: Error loading DM-Kimmy's-Babies !

Warning: Failed to load 'FactoryStuff': Can't find file for package 'FactoryStuff'
    Warning: Failed to load 'DM-HuntsTownSpaghettiFactory_SE': Can't find file for package 'FactoryStuff'
    Warning: Failed to load 'LevelSummary DM-HuntsTownSpaghettiFactory_SE.LevelSummary': Can't find file for package 'FactoryStuff'
    Warning: Error loading DM-HuntsTownSpaghettiFactory_SE !

FactoryStuff <----Link

I guess you have these links as well?

http://www.odclan.net/Dragon88/index...agon88%20Maps/

http://uz2.ut-files.com/viewer.php?search=&do3=Search

Comment

I found and got the factorystuff and runmesh_lite files to load, it's the ones I can't locate that are problematic. I do have those links also...been very useful thus far

didn't know the reference map had to be installed...should have figured that out from having to have two maps loaded to run a single map that relies on both...damn. I can't figure out what possible reference maps these two maps would need loaded to run...thus my quandary. I'm trying to max out Mapvote to allow for as many custom maps as I can find so I removed all the maps from other gametypes that won't be played on it along with the standard maps. It's worked so far but would explain the errors on some where I see map reference in the logs.

Speaking of which, I recently saw a link to a newer version of Mapvote that did away with the smaller maplimit...making it capable of loading something like 4000 maps...have you heard of that one?

Comment

You can run the newer mapvote, but we can't in the TAM servers. Version 53 was the last one that is compaible with the 2k3Style mutator. The newer versions are nice, give it a whirl and see what you think. I'll keep looking for your files, but whoever names a file "2" needs a butt whoopin'.

You say you loaded "FactoryStuff"? It's still showing as an error in your log. The other file "KiraArik" may be a part of the map DM-Kimmy's-Babies, but the server can't use it because it can't load the map.

It looks like you need to add:

1. DM-HuntsTownSpaghettiFactory_SE <--- Need this to load DM-Kimmy's-Babies
        2. DM-Kingshinobi-GODcity21 <---I think this contains "2", need this to load DM-ShitShackATTIC.

*EDIT* NM...I see you have those loaded already, did you restart after loading them?

Comment

i didn't restart...I'll do that here as soon as the server clears for a minute...nonstop action all day...I love it!

Comment

Working...
          X