can't figure out a ucc make issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• can't figure out a ucc make issue

Ok, been trying to create .u files to push custom skins to the sniper server. I did a couple about a month or so ago, and after some trial and error, and with Minions tutelage, I figured it out and they compiled fine and are running on the server now. However, the last two I've tried to make have failed with errors at the same reference point. Everything has been created correctly, placed in correct locations, and double checked names against player classes to ensure no conflicts....here's the error I'm getting

Analyzing...
    Parsing MatrixDamarus
    Compiling MatrixDamarus
    Importing Defaults for MatrixDamarus
    ObjectProperty XGame.PlayerRecordClass.Portrait: unresolved reference to 'material'matrix.MatrixDamarusPortrait''
    Compile aborted due to errors.
    Failure - 1 error(s), 0 warning(s)
    Here is the original .upl-

[Public]
    Player=(DefaultName="MatrixDamarus",Mesh=Aliens.Al ienMaleA,species=xGame.SPECIES_Alien,Portrait=matrix.MatrixDamarusPortrait,Text=XPlayers.AlienMaleAA,Sex=Male,FavoriteWeapon =xWeapons.FlakCannon,BodySkin=matrix.MatrixDamarus Body,FaceSkin=matrix.MatrixDamarusHead,Tactics=5.1 ,StrafingAbility=5.1,Accuracy=5.1,Agility=1.0)
    and here is the .uc I created from it-

class MatrixDamarus extends PlayerRecordClass;

defaultproperties
    {
    Species=class'XGame.SPECIES_Alien'
    MeshName="Aliens.AlienMaleA"
    BodySkinName="matrix.MatrixDamarusBody"
    FaceSkinName="matrix.MatrixDamarusHead"
    Portrait=material'matrix.MatrixDamarusPortrait'
    TextName="XPlayers.AlienMaleAA"
    Sex="Male"
    Menu="SP"
    }
    I even opened the .utx file to ensure the header info contained the proper name...so what the fuck...LOL I've tried all I know to do so wondering if you guys had any thoughts

I made sure to include the line EditPackages=MatrixDamarusMod to the UT2004/Systems folder and ucc make is seeing the directory just fine, but for some reason, it's not seeing the .utx file entries associated with the portrait settings...that's my guess so far
    Last edited by HTM~FooFoo(Ack!); 03-23-2018, 02:44 PM.
    I'm not gay........but $20 bucks is $20 bucks!

another thing I can't figure out. Answer is probably obvious but eluding me right now. I just installed a skin called Black on the server. Put everything on redirect and put all files in proper folders on the server. For whatever reason, the .u files is named Species...but thought the .u had to match the classes name but it came like that in the zip...no clue. Anyway... edited the ut2004.ini to include
    ServerPackages=Species.u
    ServerPackages=Black.utx

I installed the skin on my own system and can select it in the character menu, but when I tested it in the server, although I see it in behindview, other players still see the default model. I saw the skin being pushed by the redirect on loading, so I'm wondering why it isn't being pushed by the server

Comment

Can you post or PM the .u text? The class does have to match the name inside the class - but it should have thrown a warning or error on compile.

-Born
      1) It's not "Bunny Hopping", it's Red-Neck Dodging...
      2) I don't "SPAM", I use the randomized tactical deployment of munitions...
      3) If you don't like it - to bad, my bunny-hopping-spam will kill you.

Comment

if you mean for the Black skin, here ya go
        http://www.liandri.co/upload/u/12/Species.u

I didn't compile this one as it came with the skin, along with the upl, int and utx files. What's weird is I did the same thing with another custom skin called marine something, and after loading everything to the redirect and creating the serverpackages=, those skins will show up on the bots but when I installed the files to my own game and tried to wear one in game, other players just saw me as default model again...

Comment

you said:

I made sure to include the line EditPackages=MatrixDamarusMod to the UT2004/Systems folder and ucc make is seeing the directory just fine, but for some reason, it's not seeing the .utx file entries associated with the portrait settings...that's my guess so far

Is it "MatrixDamarusMod" or "MatrixDamarus" ??

you have "class MatrixDamarus extends PlayerRecordClass;"

and

Analyzing...
          Parsing MatrixDamarus
          Compiling MatrixDamarus

Should it be: "EditPackages=MatrixDamarus"

-Born

Comment

"if you mean for the Black skin, here ya go
            http://www.liandri.co/upload/u/12/Species.u"

How about the link to the skin on a page with description / info? What makes you think the class should be "black"?

-B

Comment

Never mind, I just looked over my skin push notes... EditPackages=MatrixDamarusMod should be right...

-B

Originally posted by Born View Post
              you said:

Is it "MatrixDamarusMod" or "MatrixDamarus" ??

you have "class MatrixDamarus extends PlayerRecordClass;"

and

Analyzing...
              Parsing MatrixDamarus
              Compiling MatrixDamarus

Should it be: "EditPackages=MatrixDamarus"

-Born

Comment

The main class in the .u is "class ShadowSkin extends Actor;" - did you make a skin push package for this one?

Originally posted by HTM~FooFoo(Ack!) View Post
                another thing I can't figure out. Answer is probably obvious but eluding me right now. I just installed a skin called Black on the server. Put everything on redirect and put all files in proper folders on the server. For whatever reason, the .u files is named Species...but thought the .u had to match the classes name but it came like that in the zip...no clue. Anyway... edited the ut2004.ini to include
                ServerPackages=Species.u
                ServerPackages=Black.utx

I installed the skin on my own system and can select it in the character menu, but when I tested it in the server, although I see it in behindview, other players still see the default model. I saw the skin being pushed by the redirect on loading, so I'm wondering why it isn't being pushed by the server

Comment

The Black skin came together in a zip already containing the .u file with that name, which I thought was odd, because I don't recall seeing any reference to Species in the .upl or in the .utx...I might just compile this one myself with the name BlackMod. I was finally able to create the .u file by deleting the Portrait= entry from the .uc, yet oddly, as with the Matrix skin for example, the characters face still shows up fine on the character and the characters portrait shows up just fine in my character selection, which is what I thought that entry was designed to create. Weird stuff sometimes...

As for creating a push package, I thought I was doing it right...I've done it before with a few other custom skins and the work just fine. But, for these most recent skins, I still can't get the server to allow other players to see the skins if they don't have them installed themselves. I've put the proper files in the redirect and in their respective server system folders...and have created serverpackages for them as well, making sure each file referenced has it's own serverpackage entry (other than .upl or .int). I have cleared my cache and joined the server and can see the files being pushed from the redirect, and when I check my cache, they are there. When I load the skins into my own UT folders, they show up in my selection chart, and they are displayed from my view as being correct...but others still see the default green model...what's even weirder, is I know they are loading server side correctly because they are used by the bots and other players see them as the custom...freaking me out man...lol. I'll get it eventually...

Comment

Working...
                  X