Zound Feature requests...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Zound Feature requests...

i am putting together a features request list for our next release of zound.. if anyone has any requests we can liekly make it happen..

my current list:

*a way to extract a zound ini from an existing .uax file **finished**
    *add back a way to keybind mutate zound on/off
    *a better display for the triggers - pop up window with send, bind options maybe
    *add a default keybind to bring up this menu or if menu not added, keybind for ''mutate zounds'....always typing this..would be nice to have bound to something right away...'num lock' maybe?
    *if menu added..maybe make a 'favs' list...this can be created by client..to make a list of fav 10 triggers...hopefully would be server specific..
    *clientside volume control
    *an automated .txt file dump would be cool too (like mutate zound > file.txt ala a ping command).
    *ability to disable zound during overtime (this has been discussed and is not liekly to be implemented)
    *changing/fixing logic of Hidden (currently is also driving Showtrigger properties...didn't used to)
    *obvious command for clients to enable/disable zound permanently (ala UT2Vote's first run properties)

maybe the zounds list could be alphabetized (separate program?)
    The early bird may get the worm, but the second mouse gets the CheeZ.

Comment

Your list sounds pretty good frog.

It would be cool if you could assign a player name to a specific zound so that his entry could trigger it ala the mutator "ownage".

I would like a bind to temporarily turn off zounds clientside. Because you know what happens with all the dead players when there is only 1 player left per team...they all get bored and spam zounds...makes it hard to focus if you are one of the remaining players.

Comment

pretty sure you can already have a trigger attached to a player...or we at least played with it..

and mutate zound on/off is something you should be able to bind (used to be able to..adding this back)

Comment

Originally posted by frogger
          pretty sure you can already have a trigger attached to a player...or we at least played with it...

:?: Hmmmm...maybe I should read up on the last two versions :?

Comment

version 52 i think..

*Added Player Enter Message.

Player Nickname

An Admin can now use a Players Nickname as the Triggername and have dedicated
            sounds for each Player:

Zounds=(Soundname="hipro",Triggername="ProAsm",Sou ndFilename="MySound",Hidden=True,AdminOnly=False)

Comment

A player name can be used for a trigger in version 52.

Comment

Originally posted by HTM|Assraker
                A player name can be used for a trigger in version 52.
                As an automatic trigger when he joins?

Damn I should actually read this stuff....

Comment

No. Just saying that if there were a player named "Jim" that you can have a zound named "Jim".

Comment

actually..my understanding was that it was to play that trigger when the player entered with that name....

from version 50 release notes..

3. Can play specific sounds when specific players join (clientside only, based on nick)

Comment

Hmmm...

Comment

so.....

Zounds=(Soundname="werd",Triggername="sbd*froggerr rrr",SoundFilename="arcadezounds",Hidden=True,Admi nOnly=False)

should play the 'werd' trigger, from arcadezounds.uax when i join...

Comment

Duh.. I had a brain fart, Frogger is right.

Comment

Originally posted by frogger
                            so.....

Zounds=(Soundname="werd",Triggername="sbd*froggerr rrr",SoundFilename="arcadezounds",Hidden=True,Admi nOnly=False)

should play the 'werd' trigger, from arcadezounds.uax when i join...

I'm going to add that when I get a second and we'll test next time you join us Frog. :lol:

Comment

Some kind of menu system other than dumping all of the trigger names on the screen. As is it's useless.

Comment

Working...
                              X