Follow us on Steam Follow us on FB Follow us on Twitter Subscribe on Youtube

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

DM-HTM-Days-of-Your (previously Yore-M-Agenayshun)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DM-HTM-Days-of-Your (previously Yore-M-Agenayshun)

DM-HTM-Days-of-Your (previously known as DM-HTM-Yore-M-Agenayshun)

Was talking to the guys on TS a couple of weeks ago and YI said he would like a map made for him. Since I was waiting for skank to give me the info for making him a map I figured I'd just go ahead and do it. Based on Cheops, YI's favorite map...its not like Cheops at all...a little I guess.

I hope you guys have fun with this map. I think you will. Still a lot of makeup and just a few adjustments to do and it will be a real solid, small (in Mb size and physical size), and fast.

Enjoy!

BTW-Please report any problems or ideas here on this thread.
    Last edited by HTM~BullyBob; 06-14-2018, 10:42 PM. Reason: BTW+ Change map name
    "I tried to think but nuttin' happened."

I liked this one a lot Bob, it's going to take a bit to learn the pathing, but I had a blast.

Comment

Originally posted by HTM|Minion View Post
      I liked this one a lot Bob, it's going to take a bit to learn the pathing, but I had a blast.
      TYVM. It's basically a circle connected by two Teleporters surrounding a central room w/ a couple of second floor detours and one that u have to lift jump to or walk the border to get to.

There's one not so secret by-passage. Actually 2 but one is very short. And there are a few ledges to impact jump to.

I still have a lot of work to do but I'd say it's 90% complete. It was very fun to make and came together like a well known jigsaw puzzle.

There are no hangups as far as I can tell. Bots have played over 20,000 points with no problems except the fucking Link Gun freeze up that I have found in every map so it must be a UT bug.

It's good to get real people to play it.

BTW-The name is temporary. YI can change it if he wants to.
      Last edited by HTM~BullyBob; 06-11-2018, 06:48 AM. Reason: BTW

Comment

I liked it too. The only thing that I would suggest is another path from the spawn point in the pit area with the short jump pad. Perhaps a tunnel to provide another way to get into the main portion of the map. Coming out the two doorways or the small jump pad on the side gets pretty hairy if the other team is camping the entrances. Otherwise I think it plays well!! I agree with Minion, it's a very fun map to play!

BTW......Foo was going to send you a screenie or two of some missing blocking volumes in the windows in that same pit area.
        Having a dog named "Shark" at the beach was a bad idea!

Comment

Originally posted by HTM~Bluesman View Post
          I liked it too. The only thing that I would suggest is another path from the spawn point in the pit area with the short jump pad. Perhaps a tunnel to provide another way to get into the main portion of the map. Coming out the two doorways or the small jump pad on the side gets pretty hairy if the other team is camping the entrances. Otherwise I think it plays well!! I agree with Minion, it's a very fun map to play!

BTW......Foo was going to send you a screenie or two of some missing blocking volumes in the windows in that same pit area.
          Thx blues. I already have that area revised with beta 5. Its still gonna be tricky but there is another way out. There are now a total of 5 ways out of that room.

Foo, I know that all the windows don't have BV's but they will have. You will get beta 5 next Friday, well its ready now, but I'll have to catch Minion to post it. I need to get him to teach me how to do it I guess.

Thanks for the great comments and suggestions.
          Last edited by HTM~BullyBob; 06-11-2018, 09:28 PM.

Comment

I like the map alot...fast paced but agree, whichever team spawns in the lowered area in that same room faces an uphill battle to even get out in the main area. Once people have played it a few times, the realize that just spamming rox and flack down the hallways will either kill quickly, or do enough damage to make quick kills if the other guys manage to make it out. Having just the single jump pad makes it that much harder to not bunch up fleeing like rats...lol. That same area, the windows are accessible via shield jump and there are no blocking volumes to keep a player from going out into the void...LOL. It's fun as hell though...full server and it's a quick game. LOL
            Click image for larger version

Name:	Shot02456.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	40.9 KB
ID:	58734
            I'm not gay........but $20 bucks is $20 bucks!

Comment

Originally posted by HTM~FooFoo(Ack!) View Post
              I like the map alot...fast paced but agree, whichever team spawns in the lowered area in that same room faces an uphill battle to even get out in the main area. Once people have played it a few times, the realize that just spamming rox and flack down the hallways will either kill quickly, or do enough damage to make quick kills if the other guys manage to make it out. Having just the single jump pad makes it that much harder to not bunch up fleeing like rats...lol. That same area, the windows are accessible via shield jump and there are no blocking volumes to keep a player from going out into the void...LOL. It's fun as hell though...full server and it's a quick game. LOL
              [ATTACH=CONFIG]804[/ATTACH]
              Foo you asshole. You found the hidey ledges. I didn't think anyone would this fast. Good job. They are BV'd now in beta 5.

Thanks for the screenie.

I'm glad u guys had fun playing it.

Comment

Originally posted by HTM~BullyBob View Post
                Foo you asshole. You found the hidey ledges. I didn't think anyone would this fast. Good job. They are BV'd now in beta 5.

Thanks for the screenie.

I'm glad u guys had fun playing it.
                I'm sorry Foo. You haven't found the hidey ledges yet cause they aren't in the beta u played. u are right there are no BV's for the main windows in beta 4r1. Beta 5 has a ton of improvements and makeup. I'll try and get it to you for Tuesday night.

Comment

Overall I like the map but I have a couple ideas.

Perhaps make this window just a tad taller to make it more accesible from below via a shield jump?

Name:	Shot00017.jpg
Size:	39.8 KB
ID:	58735

Perhaps extend this camping area out to the sides and make areas for players to drop down to these curved hallways?

Name:	Shot00018.jpg
Size:	44.8 KB
ID:	58736 Click image for larger version

Name:	Shot00019.jpg
Size:	58.0 KB
ID:	58737

Maybe make a joining hallway perpendicular between these two so the enemies don't know which hallway you will come from if they see you in one? Also doubles as cover for incoming fire.

Name:	Shot00022.jpg
Size:	43.6 KB
ID:	58739

And lastly, perhaps a way for the guys who spawn on the one side of the map to either warp or take a underground path that puts them out here in the middle room somewhere? A cubby hole of some sort?

Name:	Shot00021.jpg
Size:	55.2 KB
ID:	58738
                  Last edited by HTM~YourImagination; 06-14-2018, 09:59 AM.

Comment

Awesome job by the way BullyBob, map looks and runs great.

Comment

Thanks YI. Some of the things you mention have been addressed already. The others I'll check on.

YI my betas don't reflect a finished map. Anytime you see one of my beta's that means ol Bob has already altered it in the next beta you haven't seen yet. I'm busy now trying to eliminate the two lifts in the lower pillar room and have already added a JP to the upper one that goes to the upper isolated alcove. There is also a route to the hidden passages from there. I cannot join the two hallways because the center is slanted and it would not look right. I have also added a lot more spawn points to the map. I will do what I can to address your ideas in the next and last beta before I finalize this map.

If you want to give me a name for the map now is the time.

If you have some words of wit that you want me to use in the intro description now is the time.

Lastly. I'm not going to make it easy for u guys. Learning to adjust to a map and making it your bitch is a big part of playing IMHO.

Thanks again and I'll catch you on TS soon.

Wow! just had a brain fart....maybe I can join the two hallways and make it look right...

Comment

No worries Bob, and I know it's not finished yet. But it is pretty damn good for a beta 5. As for a name, how about Days-of-Your?

Comment

Originally posted by HTM~YourImagination View Post
                          No worries Bob, and I know it's not finished yet. But it is pretty damn good for a beta 5. As for a name, how about Days-of-Your?
                          Thx man. I will re-name it with beta 6 and take the "YI" and the "Eye of Horus" down from the main room wall and replace it with something else.

I need some words of wit. Just saying "A map for YI" isn't good enough and you don't want to leave that up to me. I'll say something stupid.

BTW-Just fixed the passage between the two halls. Works well. And changed the escape route from the lower pillar room. (removed one lift and added stairs)
                          Last edited by HTM~BullyBob; 06-14-2018, 06:25 PM.

Comment

I'm not very witty, perhaps Foo might be of some help here? Also, I kinda like the YI and eye of horus up there.

Comment

Originally posted by HTM~YourImagination View Post
                              I'm not very witty, perhaps Foo might be of some help here? Also, I kinda like the YI and eye of horus up there.
                              Ok. The YI and eye stay but I refuse to have Foo come up with something "witty". He'll just come up with something like, "Fire engines are red and UT is blue, my cock is enormous and your cock is witty".

We need to let dead cocks lie or so to speak. I'll come up with something.

Comment

Working...
                              X