DM-HTM-BluesInTheKeyOfSea

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DM-HTM-BluesInTheKeyOfSea

DM-HTM-BluesInTheKeyOfSea (previously DM-HTM-Blues Map)
    Coming soon!

I'll need a name sometime Blues.
    Last edited by HTM~BullyBob; 01-16-2019, 09:35 AM. Reason: Name Change
    "I tried to think but nuttin' happened."

Hey Bob........I think I gave you one but not sure if it's too long for a map title. BluesInTheKeyOfSea. Here's a link with title and idea.

https://h-townmadness.com/forum2/sho...ll=1#post39487
    Having a dog named "Shark" at the beach was a bad idea!

Comment

I think you did and I forgot but I found a printout with the map info you wanted. Plus I guess I could always go look at the old posts but I'm too lazy. Your map is definitely going to be a challenge. I will do my very best depending on how stoned I have to be. Lol.

Originally posted by HTM~Bluesman View Post
      Hey Bob........I think I gave you one but not sure if it's too long for a map title. BluesInTheKeyOfSea. Here's a link with title and idea.

https://h-townmadness.com/forum2/sho...ll=1#post39487

Comment

DM-HTM-BluesInTheKeyOfSea (previously DM-HTM-Blues Map)

I finally broke ground on your map this morning Blues. If I have it right you want:

-A cool Blues Club under the surface of the ocean.
        -With short curved tunnels connecting the various sections.
        -Background tunage to include: Stevie Ray Vaughan, Luther Allison, Walter Trout, i.e. songs from the Chicago Blues songbook. (plus I'm adding some Jimi Hendrix).

--I can't ask you for your favorite map cause there aren't any maps out there like what you describe.
        --You could tell me what your favorite weapon is or if you want your map to be a small, medium, or large one.
        --As far as Lift's, Teleporters and JumpPads, I will place them where they work unless you have a preference.
        --The Theme could be Futuristic, Modern, etc., or it could be an old rat trap that is falling apart with water leaks and eroded areas and basically dark and dirty. I'll leave that up to you.
        --You've answered the rest, Name, Music, Environment, Design.

I'll probably not have barstools or furniture or anything that will get in the way of playing. Including pool tables, etc. Unless you twist my arm real hard.

Gimme a few weeks and I should have it finished enough for a tryout.

~Bob

Comment

Cool Beans Bob! Take your time, I've got at least a couple of days! A good blues club a lot of the time is more of a smokey bar, dimly lit, not very modern at all but with great music. I would think that having it under the sea would naturally make it a little darker. The bar area itself is probably the center point but clubs have private rooms/areas for those VIP customer and backrooms "down the twisty hallway" or up the stairs. Lots of strange and kinky things happen in those rooms (hey, we gotta have something to keep Foo amused!) Some of the larger clubs have different levels. I've always been a "blunt weapon" kinda guy so rockets and flak as well as primary shock are my main weaps.

Comment

A year late but what the fuck. A club under the sea might be very modern also as there aren't any now. I can see fluorescent and neon lighting and surely you would want your club well lit from the outside but I like dark and dirty better like and old Star Wars club except with some cool...

...an old run down, dark and dirty, once closed and abandoned, modern for its time but neglected through the years UnderSea Blues Club, but resurrected from the deep by a Baron Blues kind of character...Ok I think I have it now. You have to watch it with the special rooms as they are not big enough to fight in but there could be a game room, dance room, bar room, restaurant and yes there will be ramps and stairs and perhaps an Elvis type lounge. One of the coolest things I saw while in the service was two identical clubs right across the street from each other. Cool yes but confusing for a drunk. But that's not for this map. I intend for the club to sit somewhat on the ocean floor and not be suspended unless you have another idea.

This map will be difficult as I cannot surround an enclosure with liquid the way it would be in real life so I'll have to fake it somehow. Experiments are in order methinks...

Cool Beans Bob! Take your time, I've got at least a couple of days! A good blues club a lot of the time is more of a smokey bar, dimly lit, not very modern at all but with great music. I would think that having it under the sea would naturally make it a little darker. The bar area itself is probably the center point but clubs have private rooms/areas for those VIP customer and backrooms "down the twisty hallway" or up the stairs. Lots of strange and kinky things happen in those rooms (hey, we gotta have something to keep Foo amused!) Some of the larger clubs have different levels. I've always been a "blunt weapon" kinda guy so rockets and flak as well as primary shock are my main weaps.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	hes-onto-me-50442.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	38.4 KB
ID:	58769

Comment

Good news and bad news Blues. I'm playing your map a little now but I'm way behind. I've been fighting an upper respiratory infection and a bad back for nearly 2 months. Getting better now. I have a ton of little things still left to do. I have followed your instructions precisely and the map has turned out a little large. One thing is I cannot get good flow from what I have. Too many places to get trapped. But with good weather now I'll have to put it aside and get caught up around the house. I'll get back on it from time to time and finish it before too long. Just hang in there.

~Bob

Comment

I am in absolutely NO hurry Bob. Get yourself feeling better first, PLEASE. The map and everything else can wait.

Thanks!

Comment

You are a very patient man Blues. I've had more distractions than I could ever imagine. When I stopped mapping...can't remember when now...my video card was sputtering along and mostly shot. I cannot find a replacement that will work. I have to have a GeoForce 8800 GT that has a Mac bios installed for a Mac Pro 1,1. It has to be a 1,1. I have the time now and am going to try a few things on my video cards. I have 3 of them now all with the same problem. Overheated and corrupted something. Two of them are beyond my repair capabilities but the third will work perfectly for about 30 minutes before flaking out. I'm going to try and add a fan and a custom heatsink and see if that helps.

If i could get my Dell XPS to work with the UT Editor then all the other stuff would not be needed. The problem with it is when I select something there is a 6 second lag before it is selected. I cannot map like that. I have tried everything I could find to read about such a problem but nothing will work. Some compatibility issue or something. I don't know. I am Windows stupid.

Anyway I haven't forgotten you man just that shit is happening beyond my control. But I will get it going.

~Bob

I am in absolutely NO hurry Bob. Get yourself feeling better first, PLEASE. The map and everything else can wait.

Thanks!

Comment

No problem here Bob......I'm not worried or upset about it. Take a deep breath, close your eyes, then turn off your computer and do whatever truly makes you happy!

Comment

Thanks a lot Blues. I did just what you said. Took a deep breath, closed my eyes, and reached to turn off my PC and stuck my finger in the hot side of the power strip. Now I have a black finger...and its all because I couldn't take my eyes off of those jiggling tits.

No problem here Bob......I'm not worried or upset about it. Take a deep breath, close your eyes, then turn off your computer and do whatever truly makes you happy!

Comment

Working...
                        X