New HTM Freon Server

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New HTM Freon Server

As TAM it all to Hell has been pretty dead lately I converted it to a Freon server. 16 players...6 specs public. TAM 257 is still votable there as well. I also updated this server to Zound54...damn I just love that trigger menu!

Thanks Minion.

Comment

There was initially some clientside crashing issues with this server during map changes. I believe I have found the problem. It seems in my setup I rushed through the mutator addition and accidently left utextra in the string. I need another player or two to be in the server during map change to verify the fix. I can successfully change maps now while alone in the server, but I'd feel better knowing that it is indeed fixed.

Comment

carp

hey min was just in the server with you, didn't crash the first few votes but after you left it crashed again after a vote midgame. I'll keep connecting and voting and stuff throughout the day. ttyl.
        Mind as muscle, Body as energy, Spirit as thought.
        sigpic

Comment

Wish I could help you...stuck at werk

Comment

I found another error and corrected it, I'll keep my fingers crossed.

Comment

I tried to check out HTM~ChillZone and got this error:
              Failed launching URL package 'revenge' version mismatch

I assume that to be server side, if not what do I need to do?
              sigpic

WHY RENT WHEN YOU CAN OWN! - HTM~UnH!nged, 2008

Comment

It means that whoever made that mod, made a change to it & didn't rename it. It's not a server fuckup, but a coder fuckup, and a big one at that. You can clear your cache, or delete the offending file to be able to join.

Comment

Yeah...I had no idea there was a different "revenge" version out there. Have you ever played on a non-HTM server that used the "revenge" mutator? (it says "revenge" when you kill the player that killed you last)

*EDIT* if you need a tool to remove the file from you cache you can use UT2004MI

Comment

Had a good weekend on that server, it is so much more interesting game play to me than TAM, and it's basically the same principle except you have to work harder to revive your team mate, and the combo in TAM is not part of the MOD anyway.

Thanks for putting that server up Minion.

Comment

When I was looking for the Freon server I found two H-Townmadness servers,Freon wasn't advertised.
                      sigpic

Comment

Thanks for the tip, I played IG on FSB's server awhile back and they used the revenge mod. And I uncached the files so I wouldn't have to download custom maps, muts , etc. every time I logged on. So that's probably where it came from.

I'll get rid of the file and give it another shot, thanks.

*EDIT* Cool, that worked. Still workin' on figuring out the game play though.
                        sigpic

WHY RENT WHEN YOU CAN OWN! - HTM~UnH!nged, 2008

Comment

Originally posted by HTM|Freak
                          When I was looking for the Freon server I found two H-Townmadness servers,Freon wasn't advertised.
                          There are currently 2 H-TownMadness! servers...the original is in ST. Louis with a message to go to new IP. This server should die early next month when the contract expires.

As far as finding ChillZone... you would need to install TAM 3141 and look in the browser under the "Freon" gametype. Or...just use the server page on the website.

Comment

Did we give up on the freon server?
                            sigpic

Comment

No..it's still there, it's just set to TAM. Jump in and vote for Freon and it's ready to go. This server is always empty..I thought it might see more traffic as TAM..but it didn't.

Comment

Working...
                              X