Tickrate increase in the 1v1 server

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tickrate increase in the 1v1 server

I bumped the tickrate in the 1v1 server, I normally don't adjust this, but seeing how it's a max 2 player server I thought it would improve the feel and drop player pings.

If you guys feel any packetloss let me kinow and I'll tweak it a little more.

You should see a ping decrease as well, my reported ping dropped from 26 to 16.

The server is set to allow max 8 players I thought.

Did you adjust the tick on all HTM servers? or just 1v1?

My ping has dropped the last few days and i'm hoping it's because my ISP got their stuff together not just because you tweaked the ticks.

***EDIT: OH YEAH! 56 ping/no pl feels real good!
    Mind as muscle, Body as energy, Spirit as thought.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by HTM~ZenEye
      The server is set to allow max 8 players I thought.

Did you adjust the tick on all HTM servers? or just 1v1?
      Yes it is 8 player max and if it loads to that it will probably go wacko at the present tickrate. I was hpoing no one would change gametypes ..lol.

I only changed 1v1, the others carry too many players to even think about playing with tickrate. They are marginal now when loaded with 10-12 players.

Comment

Isn't there a way to limit that? It was set to max 2 players before. In teh server.ini?
        Mind as muscle, Body as energy, Spirit as thought.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by HTM~ZenEye
          Isn't there a way to limit that? It was set to max 2 players before. In teh server.ini?
          Spectators count.
          sigpic

Comment

Specs do count .. sort of, they get the data from the 2 players playing but they do not create additional data like extra players do and that is where the rubber would meet the road.

UTcomp has a drop down memnu in gametype voting where you can adjust the max player slots. I think you would need to edit the UTComp section of the ini to make it max 2 in that area to prevent players from upping the max slots.

Comment

Working...
            X