X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

nice!

Comment

I'd show that to my wife, but she is just starting to like you guys.

I'll be on TS a little later if you have time Raker.

Comment

Originally posted by HTM|Minion
        I'd show that to my wife, but she is just starting to like you guys.

I'll be on TS a little later if you have time Raker.
        You mean tolerate? lol
        sigpic

Comment

Ok.. the server is up!

We need to pick a name, so I added a poll to the thread.

It's currently "HTM|Asylum" because I had to call it something and that sounded kind of cool ATM.

Vote people vote!!

Comment

Only question why the public would be able to vote.
            sigpic

Comment

Because I was lazy and just added a poll to the existing thread that was in a public area. I say the more votes the merrier the only public vote's we'll see would be from our friends anyway.

Unless there is a blow out here, we'll likely need a run off anyway.

Comment

Sweet
                In Memory of Anna Dixon
                Aug. 31,1964 - Dec. 6,2012

Life is just an illusion,so,enjoy the ride while you can.

Depression sux.......but the drugs are good.

Comment

Was just worried about a few jerks voting.(Travis seems to fit there)
                  sigpic

Comment

After talking to Freak,I'd like to include a write in vote,and call it HTM's White Widows Lair.A tribute to a Bro lost.
                    In Memory of Anna Dixon

Comment

Ummm not to sound insensitive here, but I think that might be a bad idea. I've lost someone close to me and remembrance is nice for a while but eventually you have to move on. Being reminded of such unpleasant things is that last thing I want to do when I'm gaming. I didn't even really know Widow all that well and it bums me out to think about it.
                      All I'm saying is.... eventually... you have to let it all go. <3 That's from my heart.

If Freak wants the server named after Widow, I'll back it, but it's not my first choice.
                      Mind as muscle, Body as energy, Spirit as thought.
                      sigpic

Comment

It was my idea,but Freak thought it'd be an honor,just saying....

As far as not being your first choice,that's why there is a vote.May not be anyone's first choice,but I can't say that all of the other suggestions were my first choice,either.

As far as remembering goes,I've lost quite a few close friends as well,including my father when I was a teenager.I have several remembrance pins on my riding cut-off,as well as a graveyard tat on my back with several tribute headstones.Some people cope in different ways,to each his own.
                        In Memory of Anna Dixon

Comment

It's not my decision but I'm all for it if that's what the majority wants.I take it as an honor not as a sad reflection,so I guess it's all on how you look at it.I'm over the initial shock and mostly thinking of the fun times we had,don't get me wrong I still have moments but they are less and less with each passing day.

OT,it started raining so I now have a play day. lol
                          sigpic

Comment

@naming & honor : I've seen this done before with an old HL mod called Front Line Force. A heavy contributer to the mod (Zofran) died of cancer years ago and a map or two included his name in the various locations as a tribute. I thought it was cool.

@freon : sorry I was late to this thread! Y'all should advertise it on OMNI. A bunch of of those guys and gals love freon and that might be a way to get more traffic. (It's my favorite DM-style mod too, btw. I'll have to install ut on my old P4 rig sometime to join you all)
                            "I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use."
                            -- Galileo Galilei

Comment

No biggie, I was just putting myself in your shoes I guess. So whatever, I voted for frozen cojones anyway! lol.
                              Mind as muscle, Body as energy, Spirit as thought.
                              sigpic

Comment

The server name is meant to honor a fallen comrade, I too checked with Freak after OT sent me a PM about the idea. I personally think it's a great idea and I too would be honored to have a server named after me should I meet maker any time soon.

I think it's time to close the current poll and start over with a new one including a few derivatives of the "White Widow" name.

So let's start over and this time we'll hold it in the member's section (although Travis has been banned) for Freak.

Comment

Working...
                                X