more ammo....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by HTM|Minion
    You're not the first to mention this. I'm game for what ever the majority wants, but here's my theory.

Sanctuary is a 14 man server, so at it's maximum capacity you will have 7 opponents. Here is the amount of ammo available:

bioAmmoCount=5
    shockAmmoCount=20
    linkAmmoCount=100
    miniAmmoCount=75
    flakAmmoCount=12
    rocketAmmoCount=12
    lightningAmmoCount=10

So to kill 7 players you have 30 total ammo between lightning and shock, 12 flak, 12 rockets not to mention the link and mini....

How much more do you need? I personally think this creates an atmosphere that rewards good aim and discourages spam.

It's up to you guys....
    Even though I despise the bio, I think it should be worth one kill.

bioAmmoCount=9
    shockAmmoCount=22
    linkAmmoCount=75
    miniAmmoCount=65
    flakAmmoCount=14
    rocketAmmoCount=14
    lightningAmmoCount=11

Anyone interested in this change?.. It brings back one bio kill, adds one more shockball, reduces link by 10(lets face it you don't run out), reduces mini by 10 (should be a finishing weapon and not a primary for 2-3 players), Flak & Rockets increased 2 by popular demand and lg by 1.

Any takers on this proposal?
    B.O.L.O.G.N.A.

Comment

Originally posted by HTM|Lunch_Meat

Im game. I already solved my major problem with the pipe, but there's no way on god's green earth im ever gonna say no to 2 extra flak ballz

majority rules though, of course.

Comment

I`m with minion + lunch . If I had more ammo I would be worse than I am right now LOL .I like the challenge . It makes me work harder .

Comment

I'm so against this it made me double post lol.
          Mind as muscle, Body as energy, Spirit as thought.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by HTM|Lunch_Meat
            Even though I despise the bio, I think it should be worth one kill.

bioAmmoCount=9
            shockAmmoCount=22
            linkAmmoCount=75
            miniAmmoCount=65
            flakAmmoCount=14
            rocketAmmoCount=14
            lightningAmmoCount=11

Anyone interested in this change?.. It brings back one bio kill, adds one more shockball, reduces link by 10(lets face it you don't run out), reduces mini by 10 (should be a finishing weapon and not a primary for 2-3 players), Flak & Rockets increased 2 by popular demand and lg by 1.

FUCK NO!

Agree on bio, it's good for conserving ammo on other guns. More shock is fine but I use mini and link a lot WTF! Leave the link alone, you never run out cuz u never use it. Your reducing link by 25, not 10 fyi. I use the mini as a finisher for 2-3 players and I want to continue to do so... ahem. You've got to keep enough ammo so the guns are useful in a weapon progression. You cant just say: "oh well the mini is cheap so lets give it no ammo" that's great and and all but sometimes you need it because the situation demands it, i hate when i see ppl dying because they are opposed to using mini and were killed by someone with like 5 hp lol. Mini at the end of a round, they gotta be hurt a duh?

Honestly, every gun should have 50% ammo and be done with it. I understand your prejudice against the mini, but leave my link alone!

IT AIN'T BROKE. Don't fix it. GAH! Who started this argument?!?!?! NUTZ! You flak spammer this is your fault!!! lawl.
            sigpic

Comment

A less strong opinion for no change
              Something Clever Goes Here

Comment

Originally posted by HTM|YellowDog
                A less strong opinion for no change
                Agree. The only thing i would change is to put the goo back the way it was. One full charged shot. You have to keep enough ammo to make the weapon useful lol. Not to mention the occasional goo jump.
                sigpic

Comment

What argument? You're the only one yelling and screaming here . You want link to stay the way it is cause you like it. Well hell, i'm a flak spammer so i wouldn't mind a couple more rounds. But, i digress.

The main reason i started this discussion, was because when i ran out of ammo, i was usually stuck face to face with an opponent waiting for my wep to come out only to find out that i'm out of ammo. I've solved that now with using pipe switched binds...didn't know about that.

However, from a 30k foot view, i would now say leave it alone. I imagine we could go on and on with each person giving it their own little tweak. And you all have good points about raising your game etc.

Comment

hehehe ok who started this "discussion" then lawl, and yes my point was: don't spam, aim.
                    If you run out of ammo, shield and run, break line of sight and switch to a weapon you do have.
                    I think link needs more ammo because it spends ammo more quickly and does much less damage than flak. I might need all 100 ammo points to kill you whereas you need 2 good flaks to kill me.

I think that we have a good ammo system on sanc, enough ammo to keep weapons useful, cut down on spam yet not entirely eliminate it, and force ppl to be more accurate. Although we do need @ least one full goo shot, i mean c'mon, its not even worth the weapon switch time presently. Not that i ever use goo, but i will defend its use, just for one shot though lol.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by HTM~ZenEye
                      Agree. The only thing i would change is to put the goo back the way it was. One full charged shot. You have to keep enough ammo to make the weapon useful lol. Not to mention the occasional goo jump.
                      Useful and overpowered are two different things. Why should a stupid goo gun be more powerful than the lightning gun with one shot? It's the only weapon that can take down a full health player with one shot hence the reduction in ammo. I'm tired of campers hiding around the corner and using a skillless weapon to take an opponent without the opponent being able to fight back.

And BTW, 5 bio ammo is more than adequate for a great shield jump, I use it all the time.

Comment

Well i figured that enough ammo for one full goo shot would be good, that's one kill if you hit it.
                        sigpic

Comment

although I love getting goo kills,I have to agree with the camper\goo point.When I hit with goo,it's lobbed while moving,not camping.But,I myself would get pissed at the goo campers.

I like Lunch's ammo change,with the exception of the goo gun,leave it like it is.I would like to see more lightning ammo personally,but then again,by more,I mean unlimited ammo yes,Lunch and YD have made me a lg junkie.
                          In Memory of Anna Dixon
                          Aug. 31,1964 - Dec. 6,2012

Life is just an illusion,so,enjoy the ride while you can.

Depression sux.......but the drugs are good.

Comment

I think link needs more ammo because it spends ammo more quickly and does much less damage than flak. I might need all 100 ammo points to kill you whereas you need 2 good flaks to kill me.

Well I got upset because there is a well known prejudice towards mini around here and apparently towards the link as well. I agree they should be finishing weapons but I want to have enough ammo to ... finish lol. By that I mean if I know your hurt and on/under 100 hp im gonna mini/link. Why should I have to go for a home run(rox/flak,hs,combo) when all i need to win is a single(link/mini)? If i headshot you at the beginning of a round, i'm not gonna waste shock ammo on you when i can just mini or link for your last 60 hp right? I need to save my power weapon ammo for people with more hp at the end of a round when i'm low.

Like i said there has to be enough ammo to make these weapons useful, otherwise why don't we just have full ammo on lg, shock, flak and rox and 0 ammo for all other guns ya know? lol. Oh well we don't use those, other weapons 'cuz they are "cheap" lol, gimme a break.

As far as the goo goes, I don't even use it so i really don't care. However Assraker and Torch might care, I don't think it should have as much ammo as before but it doesn't even have enough ammo to kill 1 person right now. That, to me, is useless.

In closing: Leave the present ammo alone.The only weapon that needs more is bio, enough for one full shot.
                            sigpic

Comment

.... but it doesn't even have enough ammo to kill 1 person right now. That, to me, is useless.
                              At full health the lightning gun can't kill with one shot, nor can the shock, the flak or any other weapon we have, my point is why should the bio? This gun has been overpowered since 2003 and it is abused by some. The mini can be shielded as can the flak , but not the bio... it's a joke.

I'll not play a game that's rounds are limited to 5 seconds each before I get gooed by a camper. At a limit of 5 ammo he can mortally wound me and finish me quickly if he has the skill, but on the other hand I can have an opportunity to take him down if I have the skill.

We always had full bio ammo and I was one that used it on OCCASION with great results. But camping and using it exclusively for the first two kills EVERY round is not acceptable to me, and it's not the weapon's fault, this was a last ditch effort to address the problem brought about by a certain player.

I am not opposed to raising hitscan ammo, but I really don't want to change bio (for reasons above) or flak/rockets because I feel it will lead to spam.

Comment

Campers & goo,needless to say who caused the goo to be lowered to begin with. He goes for the winning team still though.lol Hasn't been around much lately since I got lucky & he lost 2 1v1 games 2 me in a row. Think it was too much of a shock,know it was for me. lol he doesn't read the forum anyway so it's cool.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X