Ditch Team Captains?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ditch Team Captains?

I installed this to try and help team balancing, but I have heard complaints as of late against this for several different reasons. If you guys think it's more trouble than it's worth I'll remove it.
    Remove it... I can't take it anymore!!
    0%
    Leave it, I think it's great!!
    0%

I vote ta ditch it,either they don't vote at first then can't get back to vote menu or they leave us hanging when they leave server & it's their vote. It seems too they like to exit server during vote then rejoin the team of their choice after new map starts.

Then there is the issue for me to leave the server,I have to hit the win key to minimize the game only it won't let me close it without doing the ctrl,alt,delete.This might be a 64bit win7 glitch
    sigpic

Comment

I have to type exit,in console to get out ,myself
      In Memory of Anna Dixon
      Aug. 31,1964 - Dec. 6,2012

Life is just an illusion,so,enjoy the ride while you can.

Depression sux.......but the drugs are good.

Comment

The console won't open using the 64 bit version?

I hit the tilde (~) to open the console and type "exit".

I really don't care if it stays or not, I put it in because the teams were always unbalanced and it was even more trouble to get players to change teams once the game started.

Comment

Sorry for the double post, but I did change the "escape" key back to normal yesterday, so leaving would only require hitting "escape". This however also closes the Team Captain window which sucks if you are a captain and don't know to type "Mutate teamcaptains" to bring it back.

Comment

Originally posted by HTM|old_timer
            I have to type exit,in console to get out ,myself
            I keep forgetting that,just a habit of hitting escape and that's been since the game came out.If this was the only bad point I'd say keep it but the vote thing is a pain in the arse.

Is there a way to have team balance without the actual vote process? That would be a plus.
            sigpic

Comment

yesh.
              Mind as muscle, Body as energy, Spirit as thought.
              sigpic

Comment

sigh

ok so im still half hung over i didnt understand the quewstion..

i would like to change my yes vote to a no.

i would like to see it go for aforementioned reasons i do not need to repeat.

thank you,
                drive thru..
                -----

ScRiPt3r aka W@RpY aka WTF\ever aka Fl@cWh0r3 aka Player174a.c2 aka Fr33_Adr3n aka ...

oh hell..

just call me Ale.E.Ass3r!

Comment

I've removed it from both servers.

Comment

Originally posted by HTM|Minion
                    I've removed it from both servers.
                    no point in me voting then now

Comment

isn't there a team shuffle mod? Like we would vote a team shuffle from ut2vote? All we need is to randomize teams after each game.
                      Mind as muscle, Body as energy, Spirit as thought.
                      sigpic

Comment

It wasn't really randomizing that was the problem, it was balancing the skill. For instance if we had Anarc][y and YellowDog on the same team it was always near impossible to beat them. That's where Team Captains was nice, it always took the two highest scorers and separated them on different teams.

Comment

We still ended up with Ana & Lagger on the same team,usually cause 1 would join late or actually 1 of them had a bad game on the map before.
                          sigpic

Comment

lol i voted then read that it was already decided..... oh well.... that's what I get for spending my time with hookers rather than here where i belong
                            Something Clever Goes Here

Comment

i voted anyway, it adds too much time to the game with people not voting or leaving, I do like that it balances the teams out but not at the time cost.

Comment

Working...
                              X