This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TAM 3SPN version 2.57 tweaks

I was looking into a way to fix the "last man alive" sound in the TAM servers. I read up on the configuration settings and found that there is a bunch of tweaks that a player can do in his "System/User.ini" file.

If you open your User.ini and search for the section [3SPNv257.Game_Player_3SPN] you will see a few areas that you can change things such as hit sound volume and the sound for "last man alive". I included a copy of my tweaks, I used the "asshole" sound (Sounds like a chicken squawking) and turned it all the way up to 2.0. This works well offline, I still need to try it online for testing.

I also turned up my hit sounds to 1.0 (2.0 is max) and that helped a lot too. If someone wants to know the package/sound name for another of our zounds to use as a "last man alive" sound just post in this thread and I'll give you the info. BTW I DO have the zound packages installed in my sound folder, so if you only have them cached this may not work for you until they are installed. If you need help installing let me know.

**EDIT** I tested this online with myself and 11 bots and it still worked well.

If you want to have a sound EVERY time you lose a teammate you can enter the sound on the line "soundTMDeath=None".

See image below:

Thx Min.
    sigpic

Comment

Thanks you Minion
      sigpic

Comment

Very nice.. thanks

Comment

Not sure what has been posted in the past but these were a couple of sites that have been helpful in the past for me:

http://madhookup.com/main/ut2k4.shtml
          http://www.tweakguides.com/UT2004_1.html

If these have been posted before I be sorry
          If not enjoy

Thanks for the info Minion

Comment

Thanks man, I'll have to give it a try.
            B.O.L.O.G.N.A.

Comment

Working...
            X