Themed Server

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Themed Server

Nighty was kind enough to setup a Halloween themed server for the masses. I tried to play there, but it was full & I was thinking... Would you guys want a "Themed" server for the holidays (Hallowen at first then switch it over to a Christmas theme after Halloween)? I have a boatload of maps that fit the bill.

If you want one, what gametype & what mods (if any) would you want & how many slots should I make it? The themed maps I have are mostly DM, btw.

I was in a server last night with Freak that had a Halloween map...it played awful but it looked really cool "DM-MPC-Frankenstein"..hehe.

I usually run Christmas maps on H-Town around the holidays...heck DM-FestiveRidge runs year round lol. I think it's cool to have the themed maps..it really is a nice touch around the holidays. I'll be glad to donate the few I have if you don't already have them.

I think it would be a cool idea..I would just do a DM server since it seems most maps are for that gametype. Let me know if you need my assistance.

Comment

Server's up.

HTM|Halloween Havoc Server
      IP: 66.90.100.102:7787

It is a DM server. Some of the maps need a trans, IMO. What do you think? Do you want a trans or not?

Give me your input.

Comment

gah! trans is icky

Comment

It's funny...

HTM DM servers had trans originally...then we removed during 2k3. Now we won't use one even when it's available...lol. In my opinion DM should remain TL free. I know you guys are used to it from LMS...it's your call.

You have a maplist handy? I'll see if I have any maps you do not ( very unlikely)

Comment

My vote is for NO trans also. Maybe I'm just old and slow, but it bugs me when I'm trying to kill someone and they just trans away. I just can't get the hang of it - I'm either "trans-ing" or shooting. Can't do both. I know 'dem young whippersnappers will say that's lame but so be it. :roll: Stand and fight!
            r3m3MB3r... J00'R3 n07 901n9 70 4M0UN7 70 j4k_5kW@

Bellingham, WA Photographer
            Growing old is mandatory, growing up is optional!

Comment

http://www.h-townmadness.com/themed.htm

I'm working on map images now.....

Comment

I love Halloween and Christmas (can't forget Rachel's SantaCaps mut!). I just checked the link you posted, Minion, looks great!

I wanted to create a Halloween themed map for this year, but that didn't happen (not enough mapping time). Hopefully I can have a Christmas themed one ready by the end of Nov. If so, you know I'll be passing it along to you guys.

Moral of the post > If you guys have themed servers, hell yeah! I'll be checking them out! :-D

As for suggestions to make the servers better.....

I have to agree, TransLocs suck, I've always hated them as I've always felt they "took away from the fun of combat". I understand that many of these "themed" maps are MiniMe maps and required TransLocs. I've played that Frankenstein map... (Bob?) the creator of the map should've used a volume to make the map LowGrav. You really can't jump down from anywhere without taking massive damage. Without a TransLoc, you're screwed and it becomes a campfest.

If you're going to be hosting many of these MiniMe maps, you'll have to either use the LoGrav mut or include a TransLoc, perhaps both. Maps like FestiveRidge are just great fun, no matter what, however if you have to have the LoGrav mut running for the MiniMe maps, then it WILL take away from the maps that DON'T require it. It's a tough call. Perhaps the best thing to do is just jam the server with as many themed maps as possible and check them all out. What plays well without TLs or LoGrav, keep 'em. It's a shame that these MiniMe maps require a different setup than normal themed maps. There lies the problem when setting up a server.

Anyway, if you need a hand tracking down Halloween and Christmas maps, let me know, I'll do some searching and hit you with as many DL links as I can find.

Good luck with the Themed Server! I'm looking forward to checking it out!

Live by the sword, die by the sword

Comment

All standard mutators are votable, including low gravity.

Comment

Some of these maps Assraker has set up do need a trans,especially if ur like me and can't climb worth a damn,but I can play either way.
                    In Memory of Anna Dixon
                    Aug. 31,1964 - Dec. 6,2012

Life is just an illusion,so,enjoy the ride while you can.

Depression sux.......but the drugs are good.

Comment

I have DM-MPC-Halloween running on 69.93.100.50. You can vote it in via map vote. It's at least a year old but still interesting. It's redirected for fast download as well.

Comment

if you don't mind the non-standard issues..

http://www.ina-community.com/forums/...hreadid=499150

looks awesome..

Comment

hehe...already on H-Town and Assrakers too I believe...pretty sweet mut. I uploaded this to the h-town fileserver too.

http://213.239.195.135/h-townmadness...0699be63bc7e3e

One thing about this mutator that isn't in the read me is this:

If you don't install the mut in your client you get the generic mask the server will push ( alternates between an orange and a black pumpkin head) BUT...if you do intstall locally you can go into single player mode and choose the mutator..then configure your mask to the "hockey mask" or "bunny thingy" and these settings will carry over into the server you join and you will have a different mask on than the server pushes.

Comment

I have it on the LMS. It slipped my mind to put it on the themed server. I'll get that done.

Comment

You should make em all skeletons in there..hehe 8)

Comment

Working...
                              X