Need to Relocate Redirection Files ASAP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need to Relocate Redirection Files ASAP

It looks like our redirection storage has now put our forum backup in peril. We are still safe on file NUMBER, but file SIZE has us kicked from the back up queue. The current file size amount in redirection is 26.37 gig.

Anyone have webspace they would like to use, or should I move them back to the server box?

~Min
    Last edited by HTM|Minion; 08-14-2018, 06:36 PM.

Currently backing up web site files and databases locally. Once complete the redirection directory on the web space will be transferred to the server box. Once transferred if no other options are available the servers will have redirection moved back to the server box so the web site and forum back up can be performed at the host.

Comment

Min, Herc is shutting down the A!M webpage soon but keeping the FTP up and running. He might have extra space since it really isn't being used at all. Let me get in contact with him and I'll get him in touch with you. I still have full admin there so if there's something I can do, just walk me through it
      I'm not gay........but $20 bucks is $20 bucks!

Comment

I'm not sure I understand completely but I would gladly purchase a new server for long term storage use for us. Either monthly or annually. I need to spend my "mad" money. It keeps adding up.

No Foo, I'm not paying for your surgical procedure to change from raggedy rabbit to human being. I can patch up that ear in PS if you like but that would take away from your persona. You know, if one used their imagination and looked really hard it looks like you are exposing your left breast to that frightened mouse. "Look at this mouse!". Shame foo.
        "I tried to think but nuttin' happened."

Comment

not so much exposing the left one as it is smashing that stupid rats' face allllll up into the right one...

Comment

I've copied all the newer files since the move from the colo server box back to the server. We might possibly be able to go through the redirection files where they are and weed out the ones we no longer use. I just have little knowledge of what files are needed for Born and Foo's servers. I think there is a program you can run oin the servers and it will compare server files to the redirection server and flag them. Maybe we can do this on each server and remove the dead weight.

**EDIT** Found it. Let me take a look when I get some time and see if it can do what we need.

http://www.brainless.us/downloadcate...nt-(sourcersc)
            Last edited by HTM|Minion; 08-15-2018, 05:38 PM.

Comment

Hey min,

You can delete the redir files for critter carnage, it never really gained any interest, and it's been shut down for quite some time. AS maps would be the only thing of any size (AS prefix).
              1) It's not "Bunny Hopping", it's Red-Neck Dodging...
              2) I don't "SPAM", I use the randomized tactical deployment of munitions...
              3) If you don't like it - to bad, my bunny-hopping-spam will kill you.

Comment

I went through it last night and removed a bunch of sniper maps that won’t be in the rotation again...will look it over some more tonight.

Comment

Cool, thanks you sir. I should have made you aware of the file size limit at the web host, I guess I didn't realize those sniper maps have such huge redirection files.

Comment

well, some redirection files are bigger than others...don't judge me..lol

Comment

Working...
                    X