No announcement yet.

HTM Server Status Page

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not exactly sure what you meant... but...

In order to see anything, i had to download and install 2 progs

Hope that helps.
    Something Clever Goes Here

Comment

Originally posted by {HTM}-frogger
      hmm try without the trailing "/".... i have uploaded many new map images that were not included in the downloaded .jpgs...and they all show up. One thing i did notice is that the file extension needs to be .jpg.. .JPG does not work (note case).. otherwise i think it should work...the download of maps had two options when you install..one to install the images and another was something like 'let me see images'..so there may be some sort of code there that is necessary to see the images..

anyone else able to see images without that install..?
      I've tried it with and without the trailing /.

I can also not see the images on your status page without the other 815k program installed (nothing more than a clientside map-pack).

But, strangely enough, I see the Torlan and AkBal maps (they're now located in my clientside map folder). So, it would appear that the serverside maps do nothing more than upload to the client third party maps provided by the webmaster.

In other words, I'm pretty sure this system doesn't work without the clientside map-pack.

Comment

Originally posted by {SBD}SJAndrew

I can also not see the images on your status page without the other 815k program installed (nothing more than a clientside map-pack).

But, strangely enough, I see the Torlan and AkBal maps (they're now located in my clientside map folder). So, it would appear that the serverside maps do nothing more than upload to the client third party maps provided by the webmaster.

In other words, I'm pretty sure this system doesn't work without the clientside map-pack.

can you try one more thing... remove akbal and torlan from your client side folder...and place them at the URL..this is what I am doing now. It pushes them that way.

My conclusion:
        In order to see map images you need to install the map pack, which also somehow enables you to see map images that are not contained within that pack, provided they are located at the URL in your code..

(thanks YD...for input...helped)

Comment

I removed the AkBal and Goose2k4 maps from my clienside map folder. When I re-visited the page, the maps re-loaded from your server.

When I removed the entire clientside folder, the maps would NOT download again.

I think that all the serverside URL does is upload custom maps to the clientside map folder. In other words, I'm pretty sure that you will not see any maps without the clientside map folder installation.

Comment

I think that all the serverside URL does is upload custom maps to the clientside map folder. In other words, I'm pretty sure that you will not see any maps without the clientside map folder installation.
            i concur. when i get home i will add back the link at bottom to download the ut2K4 map install. thanks for troubleshooting..

Comment

Incidentally, I have added a server status page to my "website":

Check it out here:

http://home.comcast.net/~steve.denver/servers.htm

Comment

very nice..

Comment

SJ..checked my style mut settings...boost was set to false...i must have tried changing while server was running last time... should be enabled now..

Comment

Originally posted by {HTM}-frogger
                    SJ..checked my style mut settings...boost was set to false...i must have tried changing while server was running last time... should be enabled now..
                    Hi Frogger,

You can sure set it off if you want. I was just letting you know it wasn't working (I remember you saying it was on).

Anyway, thanks for turning it back on. And, my offer still stands. I would love to show whoever is interested how to boost. It can be a profound advantage on maps like Campgrounds, Asbestos, Compressed, Grendel, and AkBal.

Comment

And Goose..... one spot in particular allows you to get through a trouble spot quickly.

Comment

[quote={SBD}SJAndrew][quote=

Hi Frogger,

You can sure set it off if you want. I was just letting you know it wasn't working (I remember you saying it was on).
                        [/quote]

no..i wanted it on...just didn't do it right..

Comment

updated status page to include YellowDog's Duel Server

Comment

Thanks, frogger

ydm!!

Comment

Originally posted by HTM|frogger

can you try one more thing... remove akbal and torlan from your client side folder...and place them at the URL..this is what I am doing now. It pushes them that way.

My conclusion:
                              In order to see map images you need to install the map pack, which also somehow enables you to see map images that are not contained within that pack, provided they are located at the URL in your code..

(thanks YD...for input...helped)
                              and I though I was a geek...
                              ~*BBCode H8r*~
                              ~*New Mapmaker*~
                              ~*Hawaiian Shirts*~
                              ~*Ex-Spammer*~
                              ~*This tag supported by AnimeNation*~

Comment

status page has been updated to show 5 servers now... thanks to fruit for the latest addition to our arsenal.. 8)

Comment

Working...
                                X