Looking for a mutator!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for a mutator!

Hello there! Well, played on your TAM server recently, and I noticed that you had a ut2k3 mutator that modified movement so that the movement is more like 2k3's. Well, I have fallen in love. But, I cannot find this mutator anywhere! It isn't the stock mutator, because that only changes weapon change speed.

Does anyone have a link to where I can download this mutator?

Hi cameron,

Yes we use a "fixed" version of 2k3 style, as most of us came from the 2k3 crowd.

You can download the mutator HERE

This is a serverside mut, so don't worry about adding server package. Also, make sure you add the following lines to the server's UT2004.ini file.

[UT2k3Style.MutUT2k3Style]
    bFastWeapSwitch=True
    bBoostDodge=True

Enjoy!

Comment

Thanks Minion I wasn't aware movment was that different I kind of wrote it off to the TAM changes.

Comment

Yeah...2k3 style enables "boost" jumping. When you see a player in Campgrounds come off the lift by the 100 shield and land on the opposite ledge that leads to the rocket launcher, that's a boost jump.

The main advantage is fast weapon switching though, you can hold fire down and switch weapons (with binds) and the next weapon will fire as soon as it appears. Very handy for close combat situations.

Comment

Hurray! Thank you very much!

Although I never played 2k3 when it was popular, I prefer the movement.

Oh, and I must say, you guys run a great TAM server! Runs smooth as butter with great pings. Where exactly is it located? Living in Florida, I generally only ping well on Dallas servers.

Comment

dallas?
            The early bird may get the worm, but the second mouse gets the CheeZ.

Comment

Yes. Dallas, TX.

Comment

Working...
              X