How to export UT2004 from one computer to another without CD key

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to export UT2004 from one computer to another without CD key

this isn't very hard and while there may be faster methods, this worked for me with no issues. First, you need to have your CD key. If you don't have your copy of the game, you can get it from the registry easy enough.

Open a run dialogue box and type in regedit. When Registry Editor opens, navigate (or just copy this string right next to the word Computer, directly below where it says File, Edit, etc...
    \HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\Unreal Technology\Installed Apps\UT2004

Click image for larger version

Name:	reg2.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	88.9 KB
ID:	59401

Copy down your CD key.
    Now, drag and drop or copy your entire Ut2004 directory to a USB drive. Since you are copying everything you have now, it might be large (mine is currently 54GB) so make sure your USB has ample space.

Now, drag and drop or copy the entire UT2004 folder to your new computers main drive and make sure you place it directly in the main drive directory and not under the Program Files folder. It should look like this C:\UT2004

Now you need to run a program called UT2kx Regcheck. You can download it and put it on the same USB or just download it to your new computer.
    You can get it here: https://www.utzone.de/forum/downloads.php?do=file&id=3465

run this program and just enter your CD key in the box and then enter your games path (ex. C:\UT2004)...then hit Allow Changes. that should be it!

You can use this same program to locate your CD key instead of going through regedit, but I didn't do it that way so just wanted to show what I did because it worked.

I'm not gay........but $20 bucks is $20 bucks!
Working...
X