Tournament Format Vote

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tournament Format Vote

Single or double elimination, lets have a vote.
    Single Everything
    0%
    Double Everything
    0%
    Double 1v1 only
    0%
    Double TAM only
    0%
    Double VCTF only
    0%
    Double TAM+1v1 only
    0%
    Double TAM+VCTF only
    0%
    Double VCTF+1v1 only
    0%

The poll is expired.

Mind as muscle, Body as energy, Spirit as thought.
    sigpic

You may want to explain double elimination, as we are not a tournament type of clan...lol.

Comment

Uhh you lose one round you go up agaist the loser of another round If you lose that one you are out elimination?

Comment

thank you moo

In other words you have to lose twice to be out of teh tourney completely. That means there are two brackets, a winners bracket and a losers bracket. If you lose you fight you way thru teh losers bracket for a chance to comeback in teh finals and reclaim your former glory!!!
        sigpic

Comment

I voted single... I think it'll be tough enough to stage the tourney without adding layers of extra matches to it.

btw if Moo is giving you clarity, Min... yer in big trouble
          'Would you like to play a game?' - WOPR

Comment

Originally posted by HTM~impos View Post
            I voted single... I think it'll be tough enough to stage the tourney without adding layers of extra matches to it.

btw if Moo is giving you clarity, Min... yer in big trouble
            LOL!

Comment

I believe this is eye's idea of Double Elim
              Code:
              ---------------
                            1|----------------
              ---------------                 |
                                             7|----------------
              ---------------                 |                |
                            2|----------------                 |
              ---------------                                  |
                                                             12|---------------------------------
              ---------------                                  |                                 |
                            3|----------------                 |                                 |
              ---------------                 |                |                                 |
                                             8|----------------                                  |
              ---------------                 |                                                  |
                            4|----------------                                                   |
              ---------------                                                                  14|----------------
                                                                                                 |                |
                                                                    Loser 12                     |                |
                                                                ----------------                 |                |
                                  Loser 7                                       |                |                |
                              ----------------                                  |                |                |
                  Loser 1                     |                                 |                |                |
              ---------------                9|----------------               13|----------------                 |----------------
                             |                |                |                |                                 |    Champion
                            5|----------------                 |                |                                 |
                  Loser 2    |                                 |                |                                 |
              ---------------                                11|----------------                                  |
                                  Loser 8                      |                                                  |
                              ----------------                 |                                      Loser 14    |
                  Loser 3                     |                |                                  ----------------
              ---------------               10|----------------                                    (if first loss)
                             |                |
                            6|----------------
                  Loser 4    |
              ---------------
              Example Bracket
              Code:
              ----Adam-------
                            1|----Adam--------
              ----Alex-------                 |
                                             7|----Adam--------
              ----Ben--------                 |                |
                            2|----Cody--------                 |
              ----Cody-------                                  |
                                                             12|------------Adam-----------------
              ----Mark-------                                  |                                 |
                            3|----Mark--------                 |                                 |
              ----Sam--------                 |                |                                 |
                                             8|----Timmy-------                                  |
              ----Sean-------                 |                                                  |
                            4|----Timmy-------                                                   |
              ----Timmy------                                                                  14|----Adam--------
                                                                                                 |                |
                                                                                                 |                |
                                                                ----Timmy-------                 |                |
                                                                                |                |                |
                              ----Mark--------                                  |                |                |
                                              |                                 |                |                |
              ----Alex-------                9|----Mark--------               13|----Timmy-------                 |----Adam--------
                             |                |                |                |                                 |    Champion
                            5|----Ben---------                 |                |                                 |
                             |                                 |                |                                 |
              ----Ben--------                                11|----Mark--------                                  |
                                                               |                                                  |
                              ----Cody--------                 |                                                  |
                                              |                |                                  ----Timmy-------
              ----Sam--------               10|----Cody--------                                    (if first loss)
                             |                |
                            6|----Sam---------
                             |
              ----Sean-------
              The early bird may get the worm, but the second mouse gets the CheeZ.

Comment

wow parlatz did you draw that? Thank You
                Yes that is exactly what i had in mind, I think a double elim. would be more fun because i don't know about you guys but I sometimes have off days where I just can't own like I want to lol. This way teams will have a second chance, however it will make the tourney longer and more complicated, but not too much more.
                sigpic

Comment

I don't mind the double thing...but I have no time to do the second set of brackets. If you want to handle it Eye...go for it.

Comment

roger that
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by HTM~EyeCRy
                      roger that
                      If it's just a matter of setting up a second bracket in the tourney module i can easily do that, I'm just not 100% sure that would be the same.

Comment

i was just gonna use a text based bracket like the one parlatz supplied. Isn't there an option in teh module for a double elim.?
                        sigpic

Comment

Doesn't appear to ahve that capability... you can view the module at the author's page HERE

Comment

Working...
                          X