GIB Vallhalla: Pwnage not Bots

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GIB Vallhalla: Pwnage not Bots

As a heads up for those that dare follow me to Gib Vallhalla, the elites that frequent that server are really that good. They do not bot. The few botters that have shown up get banned by the active administrators.

I realize that to the novice elite rifle practitioner the accuracy and speed these guys possess can seem suspect. But please bear in mind that:
    a. The elite rifle fires about 2x faster than the standard UT ig rifle.
    b. The elite rifle's scope has no static or lines or fog. It also has improved crosshairs and zooms faster than the standard UT ig rifle.
    c. If you haven't spent years mastering movement in low g with unlimited wall dodge you are not much better off than a sitting duck. A master of this movement can wall dodge backwards and frag pursuers as they score with your flag. Yes, they know the maps that well.
    d. Most of these folks have been playing this one gametype since it's inception (ut2k3), and most played standard UT insta from UT99. As a consequence, their accuracy is outstanding. If they do not hit you on the first shot fired they will hit you with the second. They also know the maps and spawns by heart. These are arena type ctf maps so they can literally bounce you off of the spawn while spawn protection is up and then take you out in the air on the very next shot.
    e. I have played with some of these folks for years. I used to possess equivalent skill and I have never even entertained the idea of installing a bot. Calling these folks botters is about the same as telling Tasties or Hectic to shut off their bot. While these players aren't pro, they are one step away from that level of skill.

So in closing, please don't toss around the botting accusation there. Outside of the BOM servers, Valhalla is pretty much the last bastion of the elite rifle community as well as one of the few insta servers that is (much like Sanctuary), filled with mature, nice gamers.

Sorry for the rant. Yesterday was a bad day for the bot accusations, they seemed to follow me from server to server. I expect that on a Face only demo server, but not Valhalla, and not from HTM folks. Thank you kindly for your consideration. I invite you all to my second home of Valhalla. Just be prepared to get slaughtered ; )

So is this when i'm supposed to be scared? I used to play @ Jungles playground like every nite after HTM went to bed. He used the XxxXESR which is almost as fast as the one in valhalla.

Movement? Dude I used to play on BinSniper servers all day, low grav, mid-air multidoge, quadjump, matrix moves with full auto snipers and trans. Remember the old {FO} server, now THAT was fast.

So go on, tell me another scary story... he dares us to follow... lol.
    Mind as muscle, Body as energy, Spirit as thought.
    sigpic

Comment

XxxX rifle is the elite rifle. This post isn't meant to scare, it's meant to deter botting accusations.

Comment

I know just poking fun

We can go there right now if ya want? Shoutbox it
        sigpic

Comment

Man I wish. I'm still at work! But I'm off in 2 1/2 hours =D I miss Jungle, does he still play? He wasn't the best player but he was a hella cool dude.

Comment

Actually I just sent him an email about bringing back his server, I loved that place, real clean super fast insta server, east coast too . I see him in ut3 once in a while, I dunno about 2k4. He's mulling about the idea of a ut3 IG server. I told him funk dat! bring back the playground! Oh yeah he's an [SD] clan member now.
            sigpic

Comment

Oh sweet! Yah, tank the UT3 server! Could you send me his e-mail address? We'll bug him till he caves =D

Comment

You know it's one thing calling out an outsider in one of our servers, but it's not cool to BE an outsider in another server you are unfamiliar with and do the same.

Most of us that frequent this forum have known Lucid for years and are well aware of his awesome IG skillz, hell he handed me my ass on a platter on EVERY occasion we played IG.

To follow him to his old stomping grounds where there are players his caliber and BETTER is cool, but don't throw accusations around if you can't hang....

Comment

I always found that IG servers were the most secure as far as aimbots and such, because if a bot gets in the server it COMPLETELY ruins the gameplay.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by HTM~ZenEye
                    I if a bot gets in the server it COMPLETELY ruins the gameplay.

I think that holds true on all servers.
                    sigpic

Comment

I've spent my fair share of time on the GGMJ servers, so I'm no stranger to good IG players.

Comment

My first clan [NR] was mainly Onslaught but they played a mean game of IG. I loved it.

Comment

Man, good old GIB~Valhalla...I've been playing you, Lucid, way beck when your old clan was a VERY prominent IG clan. Boy those were the days, I could (kinda sorta) holy my own against you, when IG was my only game type. I miss those days. Hell, I've seen some ACTUAL botters call really good ig players botting just because they couldn't even win with the bot. (No bot is better than an instinct on who to kill first and who to kill last, lol).

Neither Lucid, nor any of the players I have ever seen on GIB, have ever botted. They just kick everyone's ass.
                          The early bird may get the worm, but the second mouse gets the CheeZ.

Comment

Working...
                          X