TAM on OSX UT2k4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TAM on OSX UT2k4

So, I have a mac in the other room and want to play on it. I can join any server but TAM or FREON servers. I can't seem to find the 3spn site to get some advice on compatibility from them. Any ideas?

Dont use a mac.
    Wake up and smell the corruption!

Comment

Seems to me we had a member of DXII that was using a MAC and that was at the time we were playing TAM. Maybe Ouch or Herc remember who it was. *I found a link to one of the early builds of Freon and it said it was compatible with MAC as well.
      Having a dog named "Shark" at the beach was a bad idea!

Comment

Haha! That mac is actually the fastest machine in the house - custom built and boots in less than 3 seconds from a complete power off to 100% usable.

I use it mainly for editing audio and video and am currently using it to learn the UT4 engine to make mods and maps. Plus it blazes through Photoshop and 3DS Max and many other programs.

UT plays fine, but any time I join a TAM server, it just fades to the desktop. Annoying, especially since the game runs great on it.

It's not that big of a deal, but I hate lingering tech issues I can't figure out. LOL

Comment

Try to contact HTM~Unhinged. I know he played on a MAC for years, maybe still does.

Comment

HTM~BullyBob is a die hard mac user.

http://www.h-townmadness.com/forum/member.php?u=342
            sigpic

Comment

Thanks guys, I got it sorted out. When I copied my INI files, it was causing the crashing. Mac stores the INI's outside the game, but found the one's I moved over from the PC version and moved them to the proper location on the Mac (It stores this stuff in a library directory, which is cool so I just have to back that up and not lose save games or configs). The PC ini was configured completely different because of no Direct x or Direct 3D, it uses OpenGL. Game looks pretty damned good on the mac, better contrast and color, but OpenGL has always been that way.

Thanks again. I may try to play on the Mac tonight and see if the game plays TAM any different.

Comment

Awesome, glad you got it working on your MAC!
                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                X