Major skippin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Major skippin

Before my pc broke down almost 2 months ago, I experienced no lag,skippin and freezing whatsoever. Now that I did a clean boot of my pc and had to download ut2004 again, the skippin im experiencing is terrible. Its not the server because im experiencing it in all the servers i visit.. I dont know what the hell to do. My video drivers are up to date. Maybe its a patch I didn't download? I just inserted the ut2004 cd and downloaded the game. Was I supposed to also download patches? and where?

ok I unclicked "preload player skins" and "speech recognition" in then GAME settings tab and played in a server with no skippin or lag whatsoever. Hopefully tonight it will be ok too.

Comment

You need to check your client version. it should be 3369. If not install the patch.

Anytime you think you have a connection related issue (high ping ms) run "tracert" command through windows and use the target 72.249.10.45 (tracert 72.249.10.45). This will show you where your bad hop is on the way to the server.

Comment

Finally finally figured out where my skippin and lag emanated from...all along I've been connecting myself thru WIFI instead of directly by ethernet. Sigh how dumb....no wonder i was getting erratic spikes.

Comment

Comment

jajaja!

Comment

Comment

Working...
              X