Team Deathmatch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Team Deathmatch

Just posting my friends Subby's DM server for those that like to play it once an awhile.....108.255.53.193:7777. I was playing alot on a server called e TDM DEMO server but alot of haxoor's be ruining the matches and theres never an admin to ban them. But Subby's server has that issue controlled. You may ask why I was playing in a demo server, well thats where i practice to improve my aim. Alot of people say you cant get better if you dont play with leet players....thats bullshit. You will never get better by playing against leet players. Thats a bunch of hogwash. You get better by playing against weaker adversaries because you can test certain moves and shots on them. You cant do that playing against someone who is better than you. So if you want to get better, play against noobs oh yeah!

I disagree. Playing weaker players just makes you complacent.
    Having a dog named "Shark" at the beach was a bad idea!

Comment

I think aiming skills and movement skills are developed using a combination of both. I used to practice aiming and movement using LG only in a single player bot match. The real test of course comes with playing people better than you. This is what allows you to fine tune your style.

Comment

Ok ok I respect you guys opinion but I did not improve my aim playing good players. I improved it playing noobs. When you play against leet players you rarely get a chance to test your moves or shots because you end up getting fragged quickly. Blues it doesnt make you complacent if you purposely playing against them to improve.

Comment

The only time I learned something from good players is in their player positioning. Meaning seeing them standing in specific spots in the map to quickly kill a spawned player or just to get an easy lg shot. Memorizing spawning spots. Watching and learning certain moves that noobs dont know. But trying to copy these moves against a good player is not easy....thats why its better to try it on easier players.

Comment

I learned to become better by playing gamers that are above my skill level. Yes it is hard when you start because they can hit you from a distance and are better at moving on the playing field but that teaches you to get your ass in gear and move.

I have learned some moves from "leet" players as well. I can't execute them like they can but it's all in the practice.

Comment

I got to where I am now by playing against better players than myself but also by those same players showing me new moves and by doing warmups in DM-FnG-TrainingGrounds. And also trials, that improved my movement skills tremendously.

Comment

I started UT2004 in TAM against players who've won championships, I got better because of it. I'm not that great, but I have my moments. Playing against others of the same or lesser skill constantly, just gives you an ego boost when you start playing better. You learn things when you play against better players, regardless of how high their skill is. Many of those players will take some time to show you how they do what they do.

But, even that being said, you don't have to justify playing on a demo server or any other server for that matter. You learn what ever way you think or feel is best. You're already a kick ass player, so no justification is needed.

When I first started with HTM, many players would apologize for kicking my ass, my reply has always been the same, I learn as I get killed. It shows how different players play the game and I can adapt. I just hate it when CousinITT is listening to SlipKnot, you can always tell....

Comment

Originally posted by DesTineD
                  Meaning seeing them standing in specific spots in the map to quickly kill a spawned player or just to get an easy lg shot.
                  This is the very reason I despise TDM, it's more about timing weapon/shield spawns and clearing the map of weapons so the opponent spawns with no chance of competing with just an assault rifle. Lame IMO, and I believe this is the very reason for the success of TAM.

Over the years we have had members groan when a new member with high skill level joins the clan. I have seen these same player take their games to another level through playing these same players.

For instance it wasn't that long ago that I wasn't real concerned about Freak if he was across the map. I knew his rockets would take time to reach me and I could react in time. Now however he will take you down with hitscan in a second. I now have to keep moving and watching him regardless of his position in the map. I believe he honed his hitscan skills by playing other hitscan players and realizing you have to fight fire with fire.

Comment

Not just freak either Minion, skank has killed me quite a number of times with hitscan lately as well. It's definitely satrting to become worrysome :P

Comment

Originally posted by HTM~YourImagination
                      Not just freak either Minion, skank has killed me quite a number of times with hitscan lately as well. It's definitely satrting to become worrysome :P
                      Oh yeah... I was just using Freak as an example. I think the majority of the clan has improved a lot. I know sometimes it's frustrating but it has proven results.

Comment

I agree Min......I think my hitscan has improved as well, especially shock. It was because the better players kept telling me to use HS rather than relying on flak or rox.
                        Having a dog named "Shark" at the beach was a bad idea!

Comment

Being that you guys brought it up I'm gonna have to admit to the same thing. When I started playing in your server, I noticed cousin, freak, olde, skank, blues, stickman and a few others were constantly using spam weapons from far away. For some reason they now use lg or shock and landing ton of shots. They should continue to use those weapons more often from far away because they are good at using them....

Comment

Originally posted by DesTineD
                            Being that you guys brought it up I'm gonna have to admit to the same thing. When I started playing in your server, I noticed cousin, freak, olde, skank, blues, stickman and a few others were constantly using spam weapons from far away. For some reason they now use lg or shock and landing ton of shots. They should continue to use those weapons more often from far away because they are good at using them....

Tis more fun to insert a rocket up your ass. lol
                            sigpic

Comment

You do a lot of that too freak, I certainly don't like it when you sneak up on me. Most always results in a rocket up my ass death, lol.

Comment

Working...
                              X