How I Hate Windows 10 - Let Me Count the Ways

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How I Hate Windows 10 - Let Me Count the Ways

I just bought a HP 17" laptop to help me with my map making. I needed a virgin windows pc without all the normal downloaded maps, packages, mods, etc. Within 2 hours of unboxing this laptop and trying to get to the hard drive or the dvd drive or even my thumb drive I was ready to throw the damn thing off the back porch. I have never in my life used software that was this fucked up. Windows 10 sucks big time. My first Apple which was not even a Mac was light years ahead of this crap. I'm sorry my Windows wielding brothers but buying a Win pc was a waste of money. I can still use it for UT though so it wasn't a total waste. I had to shout this out to the world because i'm tired of putting my fist through the walls.

~ScrewedByWinBob
    "I tried to think but nuttin' happened."

Windows 7 forever...
    1) It's not "Bunny Hopping", it's Red-Neck Dodging...
    2) I don't "SPAM", I use the randomized tactical deployment of munitions...
    3) If you don't like it - to bad, my bunny-hopping-spam will kill you.

Comment

Originally posted by Born View Post
      Windows 7 forever...
      +1 I bought an inexpensive small form factor desktop a while back to hopefully use as an HTPC. All I needed it to was read a USB hard drive and connect via HDMI to my workshop AVR. I plugged the little booger in and it told me I had a few updates to do. 6 hours later i finally was able to use the windows 10 PC. Thank God a glitch with the cheapo onboard sound make it useless as an HTPC, I gave it to my son and went with my Win 7 laptop. All my PC run windows 7 and I'm going to stay here....

Comment

Originally posted by HTM|Minion View Post
        +1 I bought an inexpensive small form factor desktop a while back to hopefully use as an HTPC. All I needed it to was read a USB hard drive and connect via HDMI to my workshop AVR. I plugged the little booger in and it told me I had a few updates to do. 6 hours later i finally was able to use the windows 10 PC. Thank God a glitch with the cheapo onboard sound make it useless as an HTPC, I gave it to my son and went with my Win 7 laptop. All my PC run windows 7 and I'm going to stay here....
        I plan on never connecting to the net with this laptop. I payed $650 for it and I offered it to a friend of mine for $500. I'll just get an Apple laptop. They are about twice as high though. I just need it to run a bare-bones version of UT to test my maps. Less of a chance for me to load a map with assets from all the crap I have installed that you don't have and thus generating an error.

My first and last Win pc purchase.

~BurnedBob

BTW- I take it I could wipe the HD and install Win 7 if I wanted to?

Comment

I guess I am in a small group then... I have never had an issue with my Win 10 machine. I did, however, build it. Not sure if that makes a huge difference though.

Comment

Originally posted by HTM~.:Q:. View Post
            I guess I am in a small group then... I have never had an issue with my Win 10 machine. I did, however, build it. Not sure if that makes a huge difference though.
            Hey Q. Whats up?

The HP laptop works fine though there are a few aesthetic problems. The battery life is shit. I have to charge it once a day. It's the software interface. I guess I'm just used to there being a little thought put into making pc software. I dropped 950 songs onto iTunes and the entire machine locked up till they were all imported. Wow. So much for multitasking. I finally found the c drive and dvd drive icons and made a shortcut to the desktop. That helps. I just can't explain. You would have to have used a Mac for a few years to know the difference. Mac's think like I do and are not counter productive to my intentions.

Long live Win XP.

Comment

Bob,

Try right clicking on the start menu....things will look a lot more familiar.
              Wake up and smell the corruption!

Comment

Originally posted by HTM~Cousin_Itt View Post
                Bob,

Try right clicking on the start menu....things will look a lot more familiar.
                Well that's a right nice list of shortcuts Cuz. That solves about 33.33% of my problems w/ Windows. I am getting a little more used to it the more I use it. Where is my screen saver? 10 sure has a minimalist approach. In some ways its like a futuristic second grade class.

Appreciate it Cuz.

Comment

Originally posted by HTM~BullyBob View Post
                  Well that's a right nice list of shortcuts Cuz. That solves about 33.33% of my problems w/ Windows. I am getting a little more used to it the more I use it. Where is my screen saver? 10 sure has a minimalist approach. In some ways its like a futuristic second grade class.

Appreciate it Cuz.
                  What is a screen saver????? Have not used that since like 1998. Windows 10 is a PITA and very intrusive. It loves to change your settings with every big update. Windows 8.1 was by far better once you removed the bad gui and either got the good update or used a program like Classic Shell. What is good about Windows 10 is hardware utilization...which is a gui for Windows 8. Windows 8 was the first OS I ever saw that had no need to double your ram or whatnot. I got 10 pro running on a Core 2 Duo 2.3 with 3 gigs and it runs fine. Even this game runs great in all aspects....go figure.
                  Wake up and smell the corruption!

Comment

Originally posted by HTM~Cousin_Itt View Post
                    What is a screen saver????? Have not used that since like 1998. Windows 10 is a PITA and very intrusive. It loves to change your settings with every big update. Windows 8.1 was by far better once you removed the bad gui and either got the good update or used a program like Classic Shell. What is good about Windows 10 is hardware utilization...which is a gui for Windows 8. Windows 8 was the first OS I ever saw that had no need to double your ram or whatnot. I got 10 pro running on a Core 2 Duo 2.3 with 3 gigs and it runs fine. Even this game runs great in all aspects....go figure.
                    I love it when you talk to me like that Cuz. . I don't understand hardly a word you said. A PITA? I had one of those for breakfast the other day. I don't know but using a Mac requires that you have a little common sense not that you possess a degree in rocket science.

A screen saver is one of those things that with a glance you can tell if your pc is on and running. If not then you have to go to it and wake it up to see. Hell, even my samsung tv has a screen saver. But I do understand that we don't use tubed monitors anymore. I just like to complain a lot. Sometimes a little but mostly a lot.

BTW- I'll have a sneek-peek of your map available for you soon.

~Bob

Comment

Windows 10 is a big FUCK YOU by Bill Gates to us the tech community. They stick a zillion apps onto an already bloated OS and then have the balls to use push technology!

Comment

Originally posted by HTM~KHaN View Post
                        Windows 10 is a big FUCK YOU by Bill Gates to us the tech community. They stick a zillion apps onto an already bloated OS and then have the balls to use push technology!
                        I'd call that a walk off home run Khan...I really think 10 is win NT 10 only win NT 10 would have been a lot better...where the hell u been khan.

Comment

Bob, I feel your pain...except in reverse. I have a macbook air that I can't do a damn thing with.

Try right clicking your desktop and choosing "personalize" to set your screensaver. I hope it still works that way, I've wiped my only win 10 machine and added win 7.

Comment

Originally posted by HTM|Minion View Post
                            Bob, I feel your pain...except in reverse. I have a macbook air that I can't do a damn thing with.

Try right clicking your desktop and choosing "personalize" to set your screensaver. I hope it still works that way, I've wiped my only win 10 machine and added win 7.
                            Need some help with a Mac huh? I'll get my 12 year old nephew to give you a hand if you need it. He learned from his 6 year old sister. Lol. In all seriousness Min just give me a call or text cause nobody should have a problem operating a Mac.

Comment

I bought it for the wife, but when i try to help her it makes no sense to me. I have since bought her an iPad, as we both gave up on the macbook about a year ago.

Comment

Working...
                              X