An Affordable Green Laser

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• An Affordable Green Laser

I ran across this $19.99 Pinty Green Laser Sight and although I expected something cheap that would have an uneven laser dot, the sign of a cheap laser sight, it wasn't. This laser sight has one of the best focal point lasers I have ever seen. I haven't seen many and my experiences go back years ago so this may be the norm now. I bought a couple of these for my air rifles because they were so inexpensive. It is just like an anodized aluminum flashlight. Very well built and has external V/H click adj like a scope. I think they would make a reasonable alternative to the $900.00 plus pro sights but of course nothing beats an overbuilt overpriced military tested brand. It is also a darn good laser pointer.

Here's the laser data:

Length-120 mm (4 3/4 inches)
    Diameter-36 mm (1 3/4 inches)
    Wavelength-532nm
    Wattage-5mw
    Weight-144g (4.2 oz)
    Reaching Distance-300m (1000feet)
    Battery-CR123AW (not rechargeable)
    Voltage- 3 Volts

Here's a link and some info and images: (scroll down for more info, images, and reviews)

Pinty Green Laser Sight
    Last edited by HTM~BullyBob; 05-11-2018, 10:43 AM. Reason: to edit of course
    "I tried to think but nuttin' happened."

Nice, I might order one myself. Thanks for the heads up.

Speaking of green lasers... when I was in China I was told about a store called "Pandawill", when I returned home I ordered a green laserr off the site. It wasn't the most expensive one they had, but had some disclaimer about importing blah blah blah. Well anyway the thing made it here through customs somehow. It was real impressive . Turns out it is a 450 mW green hand held laser. It can pop ballons and supposedly will travel over 50 miles for "microwave antenna alignment purposes". I know it makes the dudes with lowrider pants pull them up at the bus stop. I the last part may or may not be true to protect the possibly innocent.

Pandawill.com now only seems to sell phone and crap. I did find this place, but they are a LOT more expensive. http://www.optotronics.com/rpl-green-lasers.php

Comment

Yup those are expensive. For an air rifle anywho. Wouldn't mind one for my Mini-14 though. Thx Min.

Comment

Is it obvious when you shoot an animal with a pellet gun? Can I use one as a deterrent?

I've tried everything to keep the neighbor's ducks out of my yard. You would think visiting ducks wouldn’t be a problem right? There are 6 of them, and I think they must hold their poop all day before they visit. They will walk all the way to the back yard and then decimate my patio with duck poo.

I'm getting tired of cleaning up after these guys, any advice?

Comment

Here you go, $24.99. Just remember to wear your lead vest while laser is in use.

https://www.laserpointerpro.com/500m...or-p-2821.html

Comment

Originally posted by HTM|Minion View Post
            Is it obvious when you shoot an animal with a pellet gun? Can I use one as a deterrent?

I've tried everything to keep the neighbor's ducks out of my yard. You would think visiting ducks wouldn’t be a problem right? There are 6 of them, and I think they must hold their poop all day before they visit. They will walk all the way to the back yard and then decimate my patio with duck poo.

I'm getting tired of cleaning up after these guys, any advice?
            I feel your pain Minion. I had 5 foxes and 3 guinea hens ripping through my yard every day. Digging holes and pooping. Foxes by night and hens by day. You are right it's not nice to actually shoot an animal with a pellet gun so I just try and scare them off. And if that doesn't work...well. Anyway I tried this and it WORKED! Hoont Solar Powered Ultrasonic Outdoor Pest and Animal Repeller

Hell I can even hear this over the mower.

It worked for me but no guarantee on ducks though. (scroll down and one of the reviews mentions ducks. There are many models to choose from)

Good luck Min

BTW- I have an excellent recipe for roasted duck. Lol.

Oh..nice laser pointer. Think i'll get one. Keep in mind that the higher the wattage the more the drain on the battery though.
            Last edited by HTM~BullyBob; 05-12-2018, 05:58 AM.

Comment

Working...
            X