Follow us on Steam Follow us on FB Follow us on Twitter Subscribe on Youtube

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

All this time! And I never knew what HTM stood for!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• All this time! And I never knew what HTM stood for!

Hello Friends!

After 15 yrs I now stumble upon your site. LOL. And to think that I grew up 10 yrs in Humble off of 1960. For those who do not know me, my name is Brad. I am 41 yrs old. Monica derived from "Monica Lewinsky". I shortened it when I joined AoD. AoD merged with FM aka Flak Monkeys which morphed into some weird symbol clan. We disbanded years back and then I joined T¡. They are my brothers now. I currently live in Austin, so if you all get a crazy idea of a LAN somewhere, just let me know. Just so you know that I am really from h-town......I will go with this quote:

"Slime in the Ice Machine!!" - Marvin Zindler

Peace!

Welcome to our forums Monica!
    Wake up and smell the corruption!

Comment

Glad you found us, Monica. I live just southwest of San Antonio, so, we're pretty close, actually.
      In Memory of Anna Dixon
      Aug. 31,1964 - Dec. 6,2012

Life is just an illusion,so,enjoy the ride while you can.

Depression sux.......but the drugs are good.

Comment

Welcome Monica......Hop in the game if you get the chance. We don't bite.....well Foo does but if you throw a couple of T-bones his way he'll leave you alone.
        Having a dog named "Shark" at the beach was a bad idea!

Comment

Welcome! I don't play a lot anymore but just wanted to say I am also in San Antonio. north central, I did not know OT was so close to me IRL. I grew up in the Bulverde area I live only a few miles south of there.

I can still remember when I figured out HT stood for H-Town which was Houston, and madness because well most of us were crazy, but it all made sense and explained why my ping was actually worth a darn. I think the servers are not there any more I lost track of where Min has them hosted now. Dallas maybe?

Anyway great times I would not trade living in Texas for anywhere else in the world and I have been all over the lower 48, I've visited Can-of-duh, Mejico, and Germany in my military days. I miss fragging with you guys but I was always an early morning gamer and most of the clan plays too late at night for my old ass. I pass out on the couch by 9:30 most nights (not from drinking just from being old). Anyway I forget where I was going. I just get really passionate about our home state.

Comment

Welcome and don't be a stranger to the posts. Please feel free to roast anyone who deserves it. Speaking of Foo, we try and feed him a ration daily. Timbo on the other hand is a very nice guy even though he eats the heads off of fish, but being a Cajun that's alright. Foo on the other hand is the only member rumored to have a bullet proof screen on his monitor. He's OK though but don't tell him I said so. Most folks play on the servers but a few really shine on the posts. Have fun either way.
            "I tried to think but nuttin' happened."

Comment

I grew up in Houston, lived there for many years and finally relocated away from the craziness to Conroe.

The "H-TownMadness" name for the original server and now the community had a very innocent beginning. Back in 2003 I was playing UT2003 as was my brother in law, he went by the name "Blindmouse" for any of you who can remember back that far. I decided one night to put a server online from my house so we could both play together. I named the server "H-TownMadness" so he could find it easily in the browser.

After a couple of days I noticed other players started joining the server too... one thing led to another and I moved the server to ST. Louis and it was hosted by the not so infamous Ray at VSK. Somewhere around 2008 I met Assraker and moved the server to his hosted box in Chicago, but the connection there was very unstable. Assraker moved the box to Dallas, and eventually donated it to the clan. Assraker has since disappeared, the original box bought the ranch but we replaced it a few years back with the help of Big C and we are still in the same Dallas data center.

It's pretty amazing how a simple game server put up to play with family has turned into what HTM is now, a new family that has together pulled off some very amazing acts of charity and and love. Of course we still kill each other every chance we get.

~Min

Comment

That was beautiful Minion...sniff, sniff. (And all this time I thought it meant Homos, Transvestites, and Morphodites).
                Last edited by HTM~BullyBob; 11-03-2018, 03:37 PM.

Comment

It really depends which server you are on and if the itty bitty song is playing.

Comment

That's true Min.......... Hey Bob, can you post the sound file (MP3 or wav or whatever) for the "itty bitty" song? Foo's wife needs it for her ringtone.
                    Having a dog named "Shark" at the beach was a bad idea!

Comment

Originally posted by HTM|Minion View Post
                      It really depends which server you are on and if the itty bitty song is playing.
                      That would be the Horny Testosteronal Morons server I think Minion.

@ Blues: I have it in .wav but .mp3 would be easy also. Or I can convert it to a .m4r ringtone. I probably just need to take it out of the map. Maybe. Or not. Might. Don't know.

Comment

Working...
                      X