Follow us on Steam Follow us on FB Follow us on Twitter Subscribe on Youtube

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Epic Games Shutting Down Online Servers For Rock Band, Unreal Tournament, And More

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Epic Games Shutting Down Online Servers For Rock Band, Unreal Tournament, And More

Epic Games Shutting Down Online Servers For Rock Band, Unreal Tournament, And More - GameSpot

Not cool!

Here's the full list of titles effected:
    • 1000 Tiny Claws
    • Dance Central 1-3
      • Note: Dance Central VR online multiplayer will remain available
    • Green Day: Rock Band
    • Monsters (Probably) Stole My Princess
    • Rock Band 1-3
      • Note: Rock Band 4 online multiplayer will remain available
    • The Beatles: Rock Band
    • Supersonic Acrobatic Rocket-Powered Battle-Cars
    • Unreal Gold
    • Unreal II: The Awakening
    • Unreal Tournament 2003
    • Unreal Tournament 2004
    • Unreal Tournament 3
      • Note: We have plans to bring back online features via Epic Online Services in the future.
    • Unreal Tournament: Game of the Year Edition

Yeah I heard about that and it's been blowing up everywhere on Twitter.

Comment

That sucks, Looks like it the end of my Map making for a wile.

Comment

I do know there will be a workaround in the future since some of the people that run the Old Unreal patches for UT99 are working on getting something out for UT2004.

Comment

It looks like Openspy is supporting UT2K4, so we may be able to move to that after Epic shuts it down. HOC, SOL, and Landlord look like they have already linked to it so we should be able to see how that works for them before switching. I'm sure others are working on a solution as well.
          Having a dog named "Shark" at the beach was a bad idea!

Comment

Yeah, I just read a thread from FTB clan that somebody sent me with that work around for players and servers. Pretty much the same as they did for UT99. I'll post a screenshot later for Minion to see whats what
            I'm not gay........but $20 bucks is $20 bucks!

Comment

I changed my .ini to link with OpenSpy instead of Epic. So far there are a handful of servers that are on it, but I expect a lot more will make the move soon. Will post instructions shortly but I want to make sure it works OK before doing so.

Comment

Here is a link for instructions on changing your UT2004 ini file to use OpenSpy master server instead of Epic's. Before you do anything with your .ini file, BE SURE TO BACK UP THAT FILE IN ANOTHER PLACE ON YOUR PC!!! If you make a mistake, you can always go back to it.

https://digiex.net/threads/unreal-to...-server.16436/

Comment

I can set up all of ours with it, just need the go ahead from Maji Minion!

Comment

Was thinking maybe we change Isolation or Freaks World first just to make sure nothing breaks, before making changes to Solitude, Sanctuary, and the Sniper server Foo. I did make the change on my PC and it seems to be OK. I've noticed that Openspy doesn't filter TAM or AM as separate game types, just lumps them in with DM. Hopefully that will change in the future.

Comment

that sounds like a good idea. I can't tell from what I've read though if individual players have to make this change to their own ini if the servers they play on have done it server side. I know some older players on the sniper server and over at ABA who would be completely lost on how to do anything computer related...lol

Comment

If a client doesn't change it in their own .ini file, they won't see any of the servers that are linked to Openspy. For a server to be seen by Openspy, the .ini on it has to be changed as well. That said, if the peeps on the sniper server have it in their favorites, they will still be able to join the server. They just won't be able to see any servers in the "server browser".

Comment

Working...
                        X