No announcement yet.

DOOM Preview

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ok so that at least 3 of us who are going to try it.

What I want is that simple map editor, which also bares a striking resemblance to halo's map editor "forge".

Even if it is "halo-ish", I liked playing halo. As long as there's mod support it should be fun.
    Mind as muscle, Body as energy, Spirit as thought.
    sigpic

Comment

Kicking myself that I didn't check around for cheaper keys for Doom...

http://www.g2a.com

and

http://www.cdkeys.com

Both legit. I bought Mortal Kombat X with a bunch of DLC for $15 when it was $50 everywhere else from cd keys. Heard good things about g2a as well.
      sigpic

Comment

Doom is pretty cool.

Loses a point for no "traditional" dedicated servers.
        Loses a point for no single player co-op.
        *loses another point if you don't have a newer rig to run it.

The single player campaign is great, lots of fun E-eggs and stuff to find. Along with the killing, of course.

Multiplayer is fast and fun. Comes with clan arena out of the box, which is good imo.

Snap map is cool AF. @Herc, I was wrong there is co-op in snap map modes. Right now I've played an invasion gametype and there are others. It's like the unreal marketplace, users can publish maps and game mods. Pretty neato.

Me likey. Doom is back.

I'd give it a 8/10.
        sigpic

Comment

I haven't loaded it on my PC yet, but I have been playing the campaign on XBOX One. It has pretty sweet graphics, if you like chainsaws making blood spew in your face that is.

I'll have to load it on PC when I get some time and see how that plays as well.

Comment

dropping points...

I change my review from 8 to 7 or 6 / 10.

The multiplayer is featureless. Can't vote on anything. It's getting hacked already. Some dude today had a rate of fire increase, ridic. No steam VAC or anticheat of any kind, no kickvoting etc.

The gameplay itself is great and fun. Again, it's featureless. No brightskins or anything.

Also there is a glitch/bug that if you turn off "show hands" in game settings (weapon model) your movement speed is decreased. So you're a turtle among hares lol. C'mon ID. No one caught that in QA testing?

I really don't like this trend of releasing "unfinished" games, for 48gb of data they could have added a few more megabytes of features that have been in FPS of the past. I guess those days are in the past though. WTF.

I guess when your big devs leave the company, ala john carmack and Cliffy B, that ought to tell you something... sigh. RIP PC gaming, we're all just COD clones and greedy software companies looking for subscription fees.

Really fun, but sad.

For those thinking of buying Doom, wait.
            sigpic

Comment

Working...
            X