CD Key Issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CD Key Issue

So, over the past few weeks, I've been booted or flat out blocked from playing.

Cousin and I've been trying to figure it out. It's the server. Flak, from Epic, sent me a new key and I was still getting the same issue. it turns out, every time the server renews its connection to Epic's master servers, it boots me from the game.

I'm going to simply force the server to another port, other than the standard 7777, but if that don't work, I have to set up a subnet for my home computers.

I figured I'd try to kill the server and I got online with the game immediately. As soon as the server authenticates it's key, I get booted.

SO, now I have three UT2004 keys, with one from Steam, courtesy of Flack.

She was very quick to reply, which surprised me. Awesome woman.

I'll keep you posted.

Weird.....

Comment

What does the log say?

It almost sounds like your IP is being blocked, not your GUID.

Blues
      Having a dog named "Shark" at the beach was a bad idea!

Comment

Originally posted by HTM~Bluesman View Post
        What does the log say?
        I'm curious too....

I used to run a 2k4 listen server and play both with the same cd key from the same IP with no problem.

Comment

Originally posted by HTM|Minion
          I'm curious too....

I used to run a 2k4 listen server and play both with the same cd key from the same IP with no problem.
          Logs say Invalid CD_Key unable validate with Epic servers.

If I kill the server, it works. I'm thinking the router is blocking my PC's 7777 and 7787 ports, forwarding all traffic to the server.

I put the server on a separate subnet and played on SOL for about an hour and a half last night without error, so keeping my fingers crossed.

I can run a listen server and play, that's a littler different because the Master servers see it from the same machine.

If it keeps happening, I still have the hard drive with Windows 7 on it and it worked without issues there, though I'm not convinced that it's an OS problem.

One thing I DID find out at 6am this morning is my OS raid with the 4 SSD's, two drives are on SATA 3 ports and two on SATA 6, which actually could be part of the problem since the SATA 6 recognize the two SSD's at SATA 6, and the SATA 3's as SATA 3, so the SATA 6 controller has to try and match the throughput of the slower controller, even though they're both from the same controller. I read a little about this being a potential problem this morning, but Why the hell would Intel even do that, make them all SATA 6!

I'm actually dropping down to two SATA SSD's for the OS on the SATA 6 controller as very little is stored on them (Other than UT2004 and UT4, Adobe Master Collection 5.5, and Office) Evertything else is on separate drives.

Comment

Are you running a Raid 0 setup with striped drives? Might be part of the problem. Most of the reviews I've seen show that unless you do a lot of operations that need a LOT of sequential reads and writes (moving huge files or large databases for example), the striped arrays don't offer a lot of performance advantage (with SSD's). Also if one drive craps out your data is pretty much gone too unless you also mirrored (or backed up). SSD's don't give you any warning when they die, they just die! Tomshardware did a comparison and found for gaming there was virtually no difference at all in performance. Their recommendation was to spring for the biggest SSD you need and skip the striped Raid array.
            Having a dog named "Shark" at the beach was a bad idea!

Comment

No matter the PC, I still get the CD unable to validate. Different keys from different installs, still no dice.

I kill the server and the problem goes away. Kinda stupid, considering the server even takes a few minutes with Unknown CD_Key errors.

My OS drives are no longer in RAID 0, their RAID 1 = mirroring.

Also the PC is fully imaged to the server in case of HD or SSD failure.

Comment

Working...
              X