Problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problems

This is on one of the kiddo's cpu's.I did a fresh reinstall of windows and everything else of course.Changed out the ram,but still get this error about half way through a map.It did play UT fine,just started happening.

UT2004 Build UT2004_Build_[2004-11-11_10.48]

CPU: AuthenticAMD PentiumPro-class processor @ 1658 MHz with 1023MB RAM
    Video: NVIDIA GeForce FX 5700LE (8198)

General protection fault!

History: FMallocWindows::Realloc <- 0A87A800 3360 FArray <- FArray::Realloc <- 140*24 <- FCanvasUtil:rawTile <- UCanvas:rawTile <- AHudBase:rawSpriteWidget <- AHudBase::execDrawSpriteWidget <- (HudCDeathmatch DM-Sairo.HudCDeathmatch @ Function XInterface.HudCDeathmatch.DrawWeaponBar : 08C2) <- UObject::ProcessEvent <- (HudCDeathmatch DM-Sairo.HudCDeathmatch, Function Engine.HUD.PostRender) <- FPlayerSceneNode::Render <- UGameEngine:raw <- UWindowsViewport::Repaint <- UWindowsClient::Tick <- ClientTick <- UGameEngine::Tick <- Level DM-Saïro <- UpdateWorld <- MainLoop <- FMallocWindows::Free <- FMallocWindows::Realloc <- 676F4C57 0 FArray <- FArray::Realloc <- 0*2 <- FMallocWindows::Free
    sigpic

Does it happen on a different map every time?

Comment

Every map,can't figure this one.Hope it's not the video card.
      sigpic

Comment

Just for the heck of it I would go into the .ini and change the default renderer to OpenGL. That would at the very least eliminate a directX (micro$haft) problem.

Comment

Also, do you have correct and most up-to-date Nvidia driver for the card? When you reloaded the system did you update?
          r3m3MB3r... J00'R3 n07 901n9 70 4M0UN7 70 j4k_5kW@

Bellingham, WA Photographer
          Growing old is mandatory, growing up is optional!

Comment

Updated drivers yesterday,sameo.Cheap vid card but not that old.Even loaded every patch I could find and in the right order.
            sigpic

Comment

Download & test the RAM with memtest. There is a posibility that the bank on the board is bad. If you have 4 banks, use the other 2. That is a memory error it is showing.

Comment

Allready tried that,no errors.Changed the ram anyway,still the same.Older AMD only 3 slots.Took a gig from my machine,I upgraded to xms ddr 400 pc3200 2x1gb.I was going to build a dual core but really couldn't see the advantage for gaming.Just beefing up my 3400+ and handing down the parts to the other machines.Also added another raptor hardrive.
                sigpic

Comment

Turns out to be the video card after all.
                  sigpic

Comment

Working...
                  X