CarPark Revised

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CarPark Revised

A lot of you know about my recent revisions to the map CarPark-V3. It started out with me in bad need of an Unreal Editor refresher course, before starting the HTM map, and grew from there. I was in bad need of a break from the other endeavors I was involved in at HTM and elsewhere. I originally had a simple walk-thru between the stairs upper landings but couldn't quite stop at that. Since then, I've added almost as much as the original map had. For sure a Goo Gun has been added along with a bunch of weapon pickups, ammo, adrenaline, jump pads, secret passages, and on and on. The new map is at Beta 8 now and I don't think I'll add any more to it. Unless any of you can come up with a real problems and not just aesthetic add-ons, then this will be the final. In about a week I'll produce one last revision without the "Beta" appended to the name. It will simply be named CarPark-V3DP. Oh, in case you are wondering what the "DP" in the name stands for it is "Double Parked". I wanted something different to differentiate it from any of the originals.

I really appreciate all of you jumping in and testing it, and for sure giving me all the ideas, feedback, and suggestions. I especially want to thank Freak for hosting the new revision on the Freak's World server and for putting up with a new Beta version almost every day. As you all know, it is only set up for DM at this time and I look forward to trying it on our TAM server, Sanctuary, and any of the others. ( This revision is just for the HTM servers and not for the general public.) My total hands-on time for the revision is about two and a half days or about 16-18 hours. Again, if anyone finds any real problems then let me know ASAP. Thanks guys.

BTW- I tried contacting the original author, House of Pain, but could not find a working email address. I just wanted to let him know what I was doing and to solicit his approval.

Here are a few Screenies from the new map...

"I tried to think but nuttin' happened."

You did a really good job,will work great on tam I'm sure.
    sigpic

Comment

Good map.
      Mind as muscle, Body as energy, Spirit as thought.
      sigpic

Comment

Looks very nice man and its fun to play. Great Job,. Thanks!
        B.O.L.O.G.N.A.

Comment

Cant wait to see it in Sanc on a Friday night!

Comment

I tried out the map in Freak's World. God it's fun. Nice job Bob
            -----------------------------------------------------------------

"Fighting for peace is like Fucking for Virginity"

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Thanks Crow. I really appreciate the words. Did you Shield Jump up to the "Secret Room"? (or anyone?) I'm not worth a crap at that. I was 1 out of 20 till I quit and died a bunch. I need practice methinks.

Comment

Don't feel bad,I never did make it up there.lol Did check it out on spec though.
                sigpic

Comment

Hmmm. Maybe I need to make it a little easier. I made it all the way up a few times but could not control my "air time" enough to land on the ledge and just fell back down. I probably need to add a Health pickup there also cause you'll probably be close to empty. Of course it won't work on TAM though.

Comment

I'm not seeing the DL link... Can some one link it please?

Comment

I originally put it on my host site for Freak to DL and try plus test it out on a server. I think if you'll get on Freak's world you can access and DL it there. I believe it's on the White Widow server as well. If you have any problem send me a PM and I'll let you have access to DL it from my site. It's at Beta 9 now and in a couple of days I'll release the final so you might want to wait till then. I hope you like the mods I made. See ya CS.

Comment

Working...
                      X