The New and Improved Sanctuary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The New and Improved Sanctuary

I've been working on this for a while, and I'd like to announce that sanctuary has been rebuilt.

I started with a clean install and added only what we use to keep the server as clean as possible. The new additions are as follow:

1) Antitcc 2009 with Assraker's custom blacklist to hopefully catch anyone attempting to cheat.

2) UT2Vote 59 ... This is the latest UTVote out, and Proasm has tweaked it to work with Antitcc2009

3) Team Captains 3 ... Another proasm mutator tweaked for Antitcc 2009, this one has an "automatic" feature that should balance teams (4 or more players) for each round and keep teams balanced if players leave.

Zounds, 2k3style and waitlimit are still there and all these mutators should function together seamlessly.

UTAN's latest database is also in effect.

If you notice anything not quite right please let me know...

Enjoy!

Thank you very much for doing all of that Minion!
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by HTM|Minion
      Antitcc 2009 catch a cheater
      lol

Comment

Sounds good man.
        B.O.L.O.G.N.A.

Comment

Ping is about 20 higher,wonder what is causing that? Maybe worth it so there is no cheat worries.
          sigpic

Comment

I reverted the server, I'll set the new one up as a test server until I can figure out the difference in ping.

I know it WASN"T antitcc because I removed it and the server's pings stayed the same.

Did I say "Improved".. I meant "Experimental".

**EDIT** I put the new server back up as "HTM|Experimental" @ 72.249.10.39 if anyone wants to check it out.

Comment

The way the ping is calculated by the server is misleading anyway. This has been discussed heavily (long ago) with server admins and Epic. Slow PC's or connections on the players side also compound the issue.

Your true ping (most accurate) is seen as checked through the command line.

The ping gets progressively larger in the display for each custom mutator added. ProAsm and the UT2Vote dev team even had a short discussion about this way back I think. This is due to how the game engine calculates it (incorrectly). Some mutators have a greater effect, some don't.

For what it's worth, I prefer to have Antitcc running more than ever now since UTAN was killed. Kids know now they can't get banned from more than one place easily, and are willing to risk being caught. At least we can ban them from here.

Comment

That sounds logical to me, except that when i removed antitcc the ping values didn't change. I can't however understand why two different IP addresses on the same box can vary by 20ms or so just by using an updated version of UT2Vote. Other than that all the other mutators were the same.

I did manage to get all the mutators to work in harmony though, but the ping difference brought more than a few negative comments in the server.

Comment

Ping went down from 82 to 72 still about 10 higher than norm.Map started I was at 168 & it took several rounds for the ping to go down.
                  sigpic

Comment

The server is exactly as it was yesterday, I don't know what could be causing the ping difference. *looks at server page* Server page is reporting 64 for you as I type.

Comment

Originally posted by HTM|Minion
                      The server is exactly as it was yesterday, I don't know what could be causing the ping difference. *looks at server page* Server page is reporting 64 for you as I type.
                      Thats on the sanc not the exp. server.Played 1 game on the new and that was my results.Sanc has been solid 62-64 lately.Used to be 48-52,I can live with a solid 64 though. Haven't noticed much lag lately either,maybe once or twice the whole night with 12 players.Think that's pretty norm.
                      sigpic

Comment

Oh.. I thought you were talkling about Santcuary after the reversion. I'm going to try adding the new stuff to Sanctuary and see if the ping changes after ev1 leaves tonight.

Can you run a tracert to both servers so i can see where the difference is?

72.249.10.45 and 72.249.10.39

Comment

No More lag on mine end. Jumping is higher and smoother, in my opinion Minion!

Comment

Now that anti tcc is on you can do
                            mutate antitcc whois < player name here >

for anyone you think is a name changer aliasing

Comment

Can't tell anything really from this I don't think. Ran it several times with the same results.

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X