Info on new master server settings.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Info on new master server settings.

So as it stands, players don't have to change anything to continue playing on the Sniper Server or any server they have saved in their favorites. They can also still join by typing in the IP of this or any active server. The only reason you would need to change your ut2004.ini (for those playing in 32bit still) or UT2004-Win64.ini (for those running 64bit versions) is if you want to search for servers via the Game Type under Internet tab in the Join Game option from the start screen (ie, Assualt, Team Deathmatch, etc). So if you want to do that, you simply need to open the files mentioned and delete two lines and replace them with one line. MAKE SURE TO CREATE A COPY/BACKUP OF THE FILE FIRST!!!

Locate the this line;
    [IpDrv.MasterServerLink]
    LANPort=11777
    LANServerPort=10777
    MasterServerList=(Address="ut2004master1.epicgames .com",Port=28902)
    MasterServerList=(Address="ut2004master2.epicgames .com",Port=28902)

Delete the last two lines and replace with this
    MasterServerList=(Address="utmaster.openspy.net",P ort=28902)

Then save and exit. You will know if it worked when you run the game and after clicking on Join Game you will see an OpenSpy welcome screen.

Again, for most players, you don't have to do anything. But if you run into problems, contact me or Lethal and we will walk you through it.
    All info can be found at https://digiex.net/threads/unreal-to...-server.16436/
    I'm not gay........but $20 bucks is $20 bucks!

The above master server list address has now been changed on all HTM servers.

Comment

Hi guys,

did you deliberately block Gametracker.com? Before the change, you could always see if players were online. Your servers are now offline on Gametracker.

https://www.gametracker.com/server_i...49.10.45:7777/
      https://www.gametracker.com/server_i...49.10.39:7777/
      https://www.gametracker.com/server_i...49.10.44:7777/
      https://www.gametracker.com/server_i...49.10.36:7777/
      https://www.gametracker.com/server_i...49.10.38:7777/

Was a great thing so far because I embedded your server in my website. So I could always see if players are online. Now I have to start UT to watch.

See you!

Double-T

Comment

Hi Dbl T,

I didn't know they still even worked.
        I always just came here and clicked on the server list.

https://h-townmadness.com/forum2/Servers

Then if you click on the image map, it will give more detailed info..., ping ect...

I've been thinking it might be fun to get a 4 on 4 game for 3 maps to see who comes out on top.
        I love the cooperation of teams...., makes it a bit more fun, and the same old people (cough cough) don't always win.
        Beside, it builds comradery in the community.

Which is cool, because I always like a full house on a map. Opportunity abundance!

Catch you on the fields T. : )

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2022-10-07 at 6.33.33 PM.png
Views:	166
Size:	729.7 KB
ID:	71571

Comment

Double-T........With Epic shutting down the master servers for UT2K4 and a bunch of other games, changes were made to our servers to accommodate this. We switched to Openspy instead of Epic for master server which is what many in the community have done.

Not sure if that is the reason but only thing I can think of. If our servers are in your faves you should be fine.
          Having a dog named "Shark" at the beach was a bad idea!

Comment

Hi Jonesie,

yes I know that here on the site I can see the servers and if anyone is online. But I'm concerned with embedding it in my own website.
            I've embedded my favorite servers on my website and now "Old Dudes/Dames" is no longer displayed. That sucks.

Whether it's Deathmatch or Team Deathmatch, I always have fun and if I don't win it doesn't matter.
            I'm not "Mr. Translocator" (I'm sure you know who I mean) ;-) who thinks it's a Run'n'Gun Server and who often plays unfairly because he absolutely has to win.
            But let's let him have his fun, not that he starts to cry. :-)

Hi Bluesman,

no, that's not the reason. It doesn't matter if Epic or Openspy. Gametracker has been blocked since the switch.
            Gametracker can no longer scan the server, because the IPs are blocked or the IPs are not on the whitelist.

Click image for larger version

Name:	gtcom.jpg
Views:	163
Size:	42.2 KB
ID:	71574

Maybe you made a conscious decision to do this for safety reasons?!

See you!

Double-T

Comment

The only thing that was changed other than switching the MasterServerList entries from Epic to Openspy was turning off the Gamespy uplink in the ini. That shouldn't make a difference as GameSpy has been gone for some time as I recall. Maybe it's on Gametrackers end?

"UplinkToGamespy=False"

Comment

Other servers like ABA and DMG that have switched will still appear on Gametracker. That's why I think it's due to some setting.

Comment

Not sure what setting you are talking about. The only thing that was changed was the Master Server entries and shutting off Gamespy which has been gone for almost 10 years now.

Comment

I believe you. But since other servers can still be seen on Gametracker after the switch, I think it's probably not Gametracker's fault.
                    Since none of us knows what the problem is, I have to come up with something else for my website.
                    It was just great to see all my favorite servers with one click and if anyone is online.
                    Everything can't always work perfectly, but I'll survive it. ;-)

Comment

there is a program called HLSW that works the same as GameSpy but is less user friendly. Vdude uses it
                      I'm not gay........but $20 bucks is $20 bucks!

Comment

I have now solved my problem like this:
                        I have added part of your Live Game Server List to the other Gametracker Servers via iframe on my website and also used your server banner.
                        Now I can see when someone is online and for more information I just have to click on the banner.

My website is here in my Profile if anyone is interested.
                        You can also find a lot of UT2004 skins on my website. Also the ones used on Old Dudes/Dames New Sniper server.

See you!

Comment

Nice site graphics

Comment

Working...
                          X