Follow us on Steam Follow us on FB Follow us on Twitter Subscribe on Youtube

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

disable the wireless connection polling service in winxp.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• disable the wireless connection polling service in winxp.

Well apparently my friend has to do that due to his wireless connection, each time he joins a server he gets a widdle message saying Speed HAck detected. I've looked around I have no idea how to do that since I don't run wireless :\ he was playing in sant with me today and he was jumpen around like crazy but in signal player he works just fine if anyone has ideas just leaaveee a note

That kid doesn't know much about computers huh. Just because you have a wireless router does not mean thats how you connect to it. He said he had a wired connection to the router so its not his wireless lol. He had a good ping and no PL so its either his PC or his isp. I have no idea why he's teleporting around like that moo. Maybe a bad wire? lol.

As for the speedhack thing, maybe you should turn off your speedhacks when you play him lol.
    Mind as muscle, Body as energy, Spirit as thought.
    sigpic

Comment

if he really thinks its his wireless service, the service name in question is 'Wireless Zero Configuration'

go into services.msc and set the service to MANUAL (never disable a service, unless its a service that you know 100% a virus uses and wont destabilize your computer)

tho, i dont think having a wireless router has anything to do with this
      back when i was in HTM, i played on a wireless 802.11b linksys router with a netgear wireless network adapter on the other side of the house

Comment

all fixed he had a bad Ethernet cord :\

Comment

Don't feel bad Moo, I had a bad cord drive me half crazy once.

(you guys drove me the rest of the way)

Comment

Originally posted by HTM|Minion

We try!!!
            In Memory of Anna Dixon
            Aug. 31,1964 - Dec. 6,2012

Life is just an illusion,so,enjoy the ride while you can.

Depression sux.......but the drugs are good.

Comment

Originally posted by HTM|Minion

im scared to think what i did

Comment

Originally posted by travisHAZE
                go into services.msc and set the service to MANUAL (never disable a service, unless its a service that you know 100% a virus uses and wont destabilize your computer)
                Actually as long as the service you disable has no dependent services you could turn it off. However it can be unwise to do so. I think there is a list of services you can safely disable in WinXP somewhere on the internet. Turning some of them off is actually good for performance and/or security. However... but... at the expensive of... etc. careful.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by HTM~ZenEye
                  Actually as long as the service you disable has no dependent services you could turn it off. However it can be unwise to do so. I think there is a list of services you can safely disable in WinXP somewhere on the internet. Turning some of them off is actually good for performance and/or security. However... but... at the expensive of... etc. careful.
                  unless its a service that controls something that a desktop pc doesnt need (ie tablet pc, battery management, etc.) its not wise to disable anything

something may require a service to run properly. with wireless zero u could disable it typically without any issues, but i believe any bluetooth devices work with WZS which is why i suggested manual.

that way if a program needs the service, it will start it and stop it as it needs it

running it on manual is probably the best thing as it only enables what u needs to be enabled (but dont set everything to manual, compie wont start then haha... i wasted 3 or 4 licenses for my winxp cd on trying to figure out what doesnt need to be enabled... eventually, i just used that list haha)

Comment

Blackviper has a complete list... http://www.blackviper.com/

http://www.blackviper.com/WinXP/servicecfg.htm

Comment

Thank you stunts, I love having lots of IT guys in my clan
                      sigpic

Comment

Working...
                      X